Username:

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
What's the story behind your user name? I often wonder about some of the usernames I see on the forum.

"Ringman", is not a self centered title to declare that I have or can find the most rings. It came about because of the silver rings found over the last three years. I seem to find alot of silver rings about 10 to 1 silver to gold. Because silver was so cheap, it seemed not worth selling for scrap or melt so I would give it away to my daughter and her friends whenever they would have a sleep over or visit, they would "ooh and ahh" and be so happy to get to pick out thier own rings. Also, my best friend has 4 little girls and I would always bring my silver rings over when I would visit. They would all come running out when I came shouting "it's Ringman"... and to this day they still call me "Ringman". so I am Ringman.

Upvote 0

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Name is Wayne, and Im into old VW,s. Get it? VW wayne-vwayne1. I know. Bloody clever.

Attachments

• y1.jpg
    y1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 450

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
I'm a Surf hunter....I dig in the surf naturally....most folks that don't know what my hobby is think that I "Dig Surfing"....I occasionally have to set people straight on that.

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
I should have put more thought into mine. I've had the same email address since the early 80's. It begins with "STC"; hence "SaintSea". I liked the "sea" part because I am delighted to be able to hunt the beach at Daytona.
A while back I wanted to change my username to "Wheatie"; one of my hunting buddies calls me that. Alas, it was already taken.
Ruth

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
DaChief said:
I have been a Police Chief for the past 20 years. Everyone just calls me Chief. Anyone I meet on the streets or in a hallway of a building calls out to me or addresses me as Chief. It has replaced my actual name in even casual conversations. So that being the case, I just go by Chief. Since Chief was taken in various forms on TNET, I added Da to the Chief for DaChief! Simple as that.

P.S. With almost 40 years of public service under my belt, (since I was 17), I can't wait to just be plain ole Jim again really soon. I have three years to reach the big 60, (401k without penalty), and I will hopefully be able to devote more time to the hobby and traveling. I won't quit working, plan on teaching at the Community College level but the Chief will soon be no more.

Thanks for the interesting reads on everyones name!

Hi Chief, have you checked to see if "PlainOleJim" is available? Maybe you can snatch that while you have a chance, for the future?? :)

skt

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
vwayne1 said:
Name is Wayne, and Im into old VW,s. Get it? VW wayne-vwayne1. I know. Bloody clever.

Hi Wayne, is that a hookah rig you're hooked to in your avatar photo? I am looking to do something like the SNUBA setup for Florida. Snuba seems to me to be a bottle of air, hose, regulator, Instructions on how to use it all, and a great sense of adventure!!

ttyl, susan, kelly, tinky

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Surfdigger said:
I'm a Surf hunter....I dig in the surf naturally....most folks that don't know what my hobby is think that I "Dig Surfing"....I occasionally have to set people straight on that.

lol, that's funny. You can pretty much tell that "Surf Digger" means you dig the sand in the surf for treasures beneath. Now, if you were "DigginSurf" maybe that could be put both ways?? lol. I'm a SoCal native & did my share of regular surfing, boogie boarding, etc.. And I did a lot of "Skin Diving" as a kid in the 70's. I did free diving for spare change from tourists at the Redondo Beach Pier. I had these cool black jet fins that lived up to their name. Jet me to the bottom (approx 20-25' deep) in a few kicks. I knew it was that deep as scuba divers came by us and I asked them how deep it was. One diver showed me his depth watch. I thought that was cool. :)

skt

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Ok, my turn. I want to find treasure of any kind here in Florida where I live. I'm a dreamer, adventurer, truck driver, dog lover, etc... I am excited to find treasure. Treasure being anything of value; coins, jewelry, etc..

The avatar is Paul Walker from the movie Into The Blue. One of my all time favorite movies. I am also a female and I think Paul is super cute!! * yeah!*

skt is short for Susan, and my dogs Kelly & Tinky. :D

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FloridaTreasureFinder said:
DaChief said:
I have been a Police Chief for the past 20 years. Everyone just calls me Chief. Anyone I meet on the streets or in a hallway of a building calls out to me or addresses me as Chief. It has replaced my actual name in even casual conversations. So that being the case, I just go by Chief. Since Chief was taken in various forms on TNET, I added Da to the Chief for DaChief! Simple as that.

P.S. With almost 40 years of public service under my belt, (since I was 17), I can't wait to just be plain ole Jim again really soon. I have three years to reach the big 60, (401k without penalty), and I will hopefully be able to devote more time to the hobby and traveling. I won't quit working, plan on teaching at the Community College level but the Chief will soon be no more.

Thanks for the interesting reads on everyones name!

Hi Chief, have you checked to see if "PlainOleJim" is available? Maybe you can snatch that while you have a chance, for the future?? :)

skt

Didn't think to look but that is a thought. I haven't seen plain ole jim on here. Maybe "Plain Ole Jim" will be available if "Jim" isn't!

Scratch

Aug 29, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber 1000
Mine? "Scratch" because I scratch the ground for treasure. It has nothing to do with the nickname for the devil.
Really.
Trust me on this one.
::)

Sand-duner

Nov 24, 2009
Sequim, WA
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got mine from where I live, Florida, and what we have a crap-ton of, Sand dunes. Most of my time detecting is on the beach, near the dunes where all the bike riders and joggers hang out at, hence Sand-Duner...

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clyde the bulldog would go on off season, beach searches with me ,and during a recovery ,he would starting digging also , until we found whatever target . There were times ,where he would be so eager to dig ,I would have to pull him out of the way . 99% of the finds I could get before he could grab it . Fun stuff. Anyway ,this breed can dig quick and their powerful. Once a bulldog locks his jaws on an object ,forget it. Gone.. Very, Tenacious!! Well you may have figured it out , one find was a ring that Clyde snatched out of the hole and swallowed . :laughing7: Yes ,I had to follow him around with a scoop , to sort it out later ::) 2 discover his snack was a ladie's diamond ring :o :o! Hence, my kids call him "diamond dog" and the name stuck. Many years ago ,but I'll never forget Clyde and that time . ;D Merry Christmas and a Great MD 2010 Thanks T-Net , CMDiamonddawg

Handyman

Mar 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Handyman, it's what I do for a living. The perk is that you make friends with people who live in really old houses and they don't mind if you detect on their property.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tx---because I am from Texas
kickergirl---cause I am a plain down to earth boot wearing country girl

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
To the OP this is a good thread, nice work! as to my screen name Tattooguy67 I was born in 1967 and i have over 40 Tattoos, most of them done by me to me! so it seemed to fit, AKA Sledgehammer and Trainman67.

Chuck.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Back in my running days of being a college athlete, everyone on our team had a nickname. Mine was Boobydoo.

My name is Bobby + Scoobydoo turned into Boobydoo.
I usually sign my posts BDoo because it's less typing. ;D

My best nickname as a kid was
Bobby Slobby Corn On The Cobby

Smiles!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread