Made a Straight shaft...

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got some alum tube and had a friend weld the handle on it and used the cuff from my old coinmaster for now. I will weld on one once I can find the piece of stock I want. I made this 8-10 inches linger than the stock shaft. It tool a little gettin use to but I figure I cover 20 pct or a lil more ground with each swing. I found 1 of 7 targets would be at the end of a swing where as I woulda missed with the shorter one. If ya have the stock shaft think about it. I do not know why ya spend 1k on a machine and it comes with the short crappy one they sell it with. If the ones they sell are the same legenth as the stock I can't see the advantage, but the extra length sure makes the difference.
PC210010-1.jpg

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They make the shorter shafts to save money on materials, same with short coil cables. Whites also doesn't really weight their coils for water hunting as most that buy them are the beach ladies that only work the dry sand. Having a longer shaft is a definite advantage for the longer arc or your swings to cover more area. This increases your find ratio, at least it does mine as I am forced to walk slower too. Nice job..... :thumbsup:

Take care,
Sandman

T

TreasurdiggrNY

I just read a tip about adjusting the shaft to make it as long as you can to get more coverage. The shaft you made looks great, good luck :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread