Diehard or idiot?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    us
    Feb 2005
    Spring Hill, Florida
    122 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Diehard or idiot?

I went to the beach this morning. I KNEW it was going to be cold. I KNEW it was going to be windy. Did it stop me? Nooooooo There I was wearing my dive boots, shorts and I did wear a light jacket. Now it really wasn't so bad - well not REAL bad. The only thing that got cold was the right hand that uses the detector. I had a glove on my left. (I'm not losing MY rings) Very few targets this morning. Quite a few tourists out walking & running but no one silly enough to be sunning themselves. My take for this morning was a couple bottle caps, 3 pulltabs, a piece of crab trap, a penny and a piece of an earring (junk). So my question is..... am I an idiot or a diehard? My husband votes for idiot.

Well I was smart enough to stay out of the water almost...... I did get my feet wet and to tell the truth the water was not bad at all but the air sure was! Soooooo How was your morning?

Garrett GTI 1500, CZ-20, White's Dual PI, Bounty Hunter QD II, Ace 250, Determination & persistence!

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    3583 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: Diehard or idiot?

its not a either / or --- mumsie -- one can be diehard and a idiot at the same time . --trust me I done it too.

sometime you get that itch you gotta scratch -- you gotta go detecting -- even though the weather sux -- the finds been poor lately --yada yada --- sometimes you hit a good find --- other times its zinc cents and pulltabs

us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
    3985 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Mumszie I think the Lord doesn't subtract from your life span the time you spend metal detecting. I read it somewhere.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    May 2009
    Yuma Az
    Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
    56 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

am I an idiot or a diehard?......................you arent either of those mums .............. your a true metal detectorist
    Building my wealth one pull tab at a time Tank69

us
    Joe

Sep 2007
    Long Beach, California
    XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
    902 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (3)
    Honorable Mentions (5)

I think most of us on here do understand the PASSION that's involved. To the people with their passion in a different direction ..well they probably think we are idiots. BUT we don't really care.

I've had some of my greatest times detecting in the rain with new clay surfaces exposed on the beach and giant waves crashing on me when i was too slow..and a gold band in my pocket ...... ahhhhh YEAH!

HH Joe
    Regards, Joe (California)

us
    Dec 2009
    U.S.A.
    ACE 250; Lone Star
    207 times

Nope, you are a top notch lady! I was out in 34 degree weather myself today. I did go by Walmart and get my first pair of coveralls. My husband says I look like a "dandy" in them (well, he is a bit bias).

I am very new, but I am beginning to understand the passion you have. As my generation would say, "just keep on trucking."
    apush

us
    Feb 2005
    Spring Hill, Florida
    122 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Welcome to the hobby! The more you find.... the more you "want" to find! It is highly addicting. I look forward to seeing your finds in the future.
    Garrett GTI 1500, CZ-20, White's Dual PI, Bounty Hunter QD II, Ace 250, Determination & persistence!

us
    Dec 2009
    NC
    Whites Classic III, Whites 4900dl pro plus

Mumszie, you are just a hard core beach hunter, you never know what you will find until you get out there.
    HH
    Steve
    yesterday I couldn't spell treasyur huntr, today I are one...hooked on fonics werked 4 me

us
    chuck

Feb 2007
    spacecoast florida
    fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
    369 times

i would say ........dedicated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you dont know what you dont know, and you dont know what you dont dig!!!!!!!!

us
    Sep 2007
    Sal Sagev Adaven
    E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,, GB PRO.
    49 times
    Metal Detecting

diehard
    I'll just follow you with My E-trac, Sov GT,or GoldBug Pro.

us
    Dec 2009
    New Jersey
    CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
    229 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

You can't be an idiot as that would more likely fit me. I was out here on the beach in NJ for 5 hrs and it was 11 degrees with the wind blowing 40 mph. I did dig 36 clad 1 silver quarter, 1 silver ring and
    1 gold school ring 10k 1927 no school name as the stone and top portion was gone.The other crazy guy with me dug 86 clad 1 silver dime 1 silver quarter and 2 silver rings and 1 silver earring.
    Please save those harsh words for me! steve

us
    Mar 2006
    South Florida east coast.
    In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
    177 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Quote Originally Posted by mumszie
    I went to the beach this morning. I KNEW it was going to be cold. I KNEW it was going to be windy. Did it stop me? Nooooooo There I was wearing my dive boots, shorts and I did wear a light jacket. Now it really wasn't so bad - well not REAL bad. The only thing that got cold was the right hand that uses the detector. I had a glove on my left. (I'm not losing MY rings) Very few targets this morning. Quite a few tourists out walking & running but no one silly enough to be sunning themselves. My take for this morning was a couple bottle caps, 3 pulltabs, a piece of crab trap, a penny and a piece of an earring (junk). So my question is..... am I an idiot or a die hard? My husband votes for idiot.

Well I was smart enough to stay out of the water almost...... I did get my feet wet and to tell the truth the water was not bad at all but the air sure was! Soooooo How was your morning?

You are

us
    Jan 2008
    Black Hills of South Dakota
    Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
    400 times

Diehard or idiot?

This is quite appropriate behavior for a REAL TREASURE HUNTER.

(I have told that to myself, also, while chopping ice in a creek to pan in...........................)

B
    "Irony is the rule"

us
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

Aug 2006
    Extreme Northern NJ
    whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX
    525 times

You're a dedicated die-hard Mumszie. You're doing something that you enjoy, you can't let a little thing like weather get in the way.
    Buried Crap, i take the title today. 9 hours searching today in NJ and no gold.

us
    Jan 2008
    Black Hills of South Dakota
    Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
    400 times

Hey, you gotta take the times when you get them!!

B
    "Irony is the rule"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links