Im done! (for a while)

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I'm done! (for a while)

Well I went to the doctor this afternoon and I'm done hunting for at least two months. I am now in an air boot. He did say I could hunt the dry land or dry sand as long as I don't get the boot wet. Yeah right! I have trouble squating or bending down now to retrieve anything from the ground and I can just see me trying to do it with this boot on. Then there is the problem of getting back up from the down position. It ain't gonna happen folks. LOL

I have to keep my foot immobile for two months. I cannot take the boot off except to sleep at night and I'm not suppose to take even one step without it on. This is NOT going to be fun folks! Then.... if that hasn't cured the problem I may still have to have surgery which will require me to be in a hard cast for two more months and then a boot for another two months. He said that my achillies tendon was about to rupture and if it does I would be in some serious pain. So I agreed to be a good girl and do what he tells me to do. The problem? I have serious calcification of the achillies tendon insertion - whatever that is and I hope I remembered it the way he told me. Anyway the upshot of the whole mess is.... I won't be hunting for quite a while so I am depending on you gng's to keep me posted on your finds. :wink:

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I'm done! (for a while)

Take it easy and rest the foot Mumszie, you do not want to rupture or do any further damage to your achillies tendon......

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Listen here young lady! sit down and rest a spell. Wait until Gold Season opens again or atleast until spring break. The last thing yo want to dou is miss those crazy liquored up kids with loose fitting jewelry.

Get well soon!

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher

Oh no!!!! Just when you were getting going good. Get well soon and take it easy with the foot. A few years ago I fell off the roof and broke my heel and I was out of commission for 2 months. So I do know what you are going to put up with. Please take care and I will post when I get out detecting. Shoot I still need to catch you on that outstanding ring you found! Take it easy and rest up for spring break is around the corner and you should be cleared to hunt in the spring!

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max

How in tarnations did you hurt your achilles heel? Sorry to hear you will be out of commision but take care of that heel or you will be out for a lot longer time.

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's no fun

I had a problem with mine a few years ago

Follow the doc's order and stay off it so you can get better and start swinging again.

Wishing the best and a speedy recovery.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

well you probably will be bored so do what I do...go to Youtube and watch all the detecting videos! lol

Who's the boss

Jun 30, 2008

Hello mumzie

I am french.It's a real pleasure for me to read your post about your finds.
I hope to read you soon :icon_thumleft:

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sorry to hear that you can't detect for a while, thats ok the water is getting chilly anyway, so take it easy and before you know it you will be back in the water again.

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just take it easy,An its to damn cold anyway.Just think you will be all rested this spring an ready to go.Hope every thing ends up fine :tongue3:

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Rest up Mumszie, hope you have a good recovery :thumbsup: Just think.... you'll be in good form and ready to scoop up the early spring break finds ;D

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

now's my chance to go over all the beaches you hit. .................too bad for you...................i'm gonna get everything you can't.........by spring there won't be anything left...................anywhere. :icon_sunny:

But in all honesty, I hope you get well soon. listen to the doctors, that's why they make the big bucks. I hope to meet ya on that patch of sand you found your ring one day soon.

Good luck and God bless ya. :hello: :thumbsup: :icon_sunny:

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark

You will be back soon, and stronger then ever, no doubt about it....

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other

Mumszie, I'm sorry to hear you will be out of commision for a while. glad it didn't rupture tho, don't wanna see you in that much pain. have to say I was wondering if we were gonna have to come down & chip you out of the ice with that arctic freeze headin your way. hope you have some good books to read.

Trond

Mar 23, 2006
Norway
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmaxx Power.

Hope you have a quick recovery. :coffee2:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Rest up and keep yourself entertained with tnet like us cold weather wimps up here do. It sucks and I know it...wish there were better news such as some big finds but I am oh so glad they got ya fixed up before it ruptured. Listen to the doc...give it all the healing time he recommends so that when you do get back out there you will tear those beaches up again!! We love ya!!

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Bummer ... sorry to hear that Mumzsie. But it's for the best. Take GOOD care of yourself and your passions will wait for your recovery.

I'm thinking little red wagon with somebody to pull you? Hey ..Maybe?

HH Joe

Ozzygold

Jan 9, 2008
Australia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites PI Surf

Hi Mumszie, my sis in law had this and yes she was laid up for a while but she is back better than ever, so be a good girl and do what the doctor says....then get out there and find that damn gold!!!... :P

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.

u will be up and about in no time. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions