5th time old with New excal and I got skunked!

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ok I can know stop posting my record of silver and gold each time out. I hit the same beach as Sunday. Believe me I worked hard to produce something. After 4 hrs in the cold I thought I had an earring but it did not test for gold. I didn't even produce much clad either.Will be out on Sunday again. steve

Upvote 0

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
You just are not going to find good stuff everytime you go out and the sooner you learn that the better. Having said that..... I still think I'm going to and it is downright depressing when you don't. Hang in there. More will come. :wink:

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soon as my new scooper arrives my butt is hitting the beaches too. wishing you good luck and a lil bit of luck for me as well..

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
It's getting tougher and tougher to find good spots to hunt....the beaches are really really starting to sand in....you just have to look that much harder for the good spots....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a lot of competition out there too for the good stuff. Finding the places where others haven't been is getting harder to do. If you are like most you swing along as you walk and don't overlap your sweeps or you don't keep the coil level to the ground as you start to get bored. We have to concentrate to slow down, overlap, and study the sand for shells as this is a lower spot. Since the recent drops are few, you either wait for a storm to remove sand, or use a bigger coil with a tether to help with the weight.

Good Luck, :hello:
Sandman

OP
OP
Buried Crap NJ

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I got out today and Hunted a beach that only produces little coin as there isn't a reason to bring them on the beach. But the gold that comes off these beach while not plenty full it is better stuff.
For 1 1/2 hrs of swinging I scooped 1 merc 1 locket (old) .925 1 greenie and 1 dime. steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread