Surfmaster PI?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a regular Pulse detector and if you don't mind having to hold the coil down while in the water it works fine if it doesn't leak because of a leak because of the black O ring. The newer orange O ring is a might thicker and seals better. This unit is to deep for me anymore and can find hair and bobby pins 15 inches deep. Now I would rather just use the Excal or Sov GT and skip all them huge holes for iron.

With the coil that wants to float it is lighter to use above water in the sand, I just thought water machines shouldn't wanna float. You can add a sand filled sock to the coil for water use but this adds resistance too. The Sand Shark, by Tesoro is excellent and doesn't leak or coil want to float. The Tiger Shark is the VLF type and can report on thin gold chains.

http://www.tesoro.com/product/detectors/sandshark/

Attachments

• Tiger Shark.gif
    Tiger Shark.gif
    8.8 KB · Views: 291
  • Sand Shark.gif
    Sand Shark.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 288

Florida Sand Digger

Jun 16, 2009
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX w/Bigfoot coil, BHID, SMPI
It depend too on which model you are looking at. Like Sandman said, some of the older model have the black seal and do leak. There are basically three models the first two are basically the same except the timing. The newest one on the market is the dual field. each of them are different machines.

I have the PI Pro 8.5 inch "Weighted coil". This coil does not float but can get heavy when working the surf. I was working in a cut just last week with it and pulled a Tiffany ring at about 14 inch deep. On the other hand I went out with it today and pulled out a large junk earring about 20 inches deep.

I don't know if you have ever used a PI machine before, they do go deeper than VLF machines, but they find EVERYTHING...rings, earrings, chains, bracelets, hairpins, papper clips, fish hooks, bolt, screws, pennies, pulltabs, bottle caps, nails, chunks of iron, fishing lures, you name, I have probably dug it up.

I am not familiar with the Tiger Shark, never even seen one, but one thing is for sure, You can beat a machine that has a Lifetime Warranty.

HH
Digger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread