Help me pick where to order Excal 2 plzzz...

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the online stores have to sell at a set price and the only "deal" you get is with the free shipping or extra junk they toss in for the sale. Most of this stuff has inflated prices and if you need it it isn't so bad. The real advantage of a local dealer is you don't have to rely in UPS tossing the box around or delivering it to the wrong address. With a local dealer he will set it up for you an make sure it operates correctly out of the box. You get to carry it home youself knowing it is safely in your trunk.

Trond

Mar 23, 2006
Norway
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmaxx Power.
I always buy local, if possible. And i don't care if i have to pay more doing so, i like to support the local business.

:coffee2:

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
I try to buy local too, but when it comes to spending big $$ I buy from who is less $$.

I got mine from Kellyco and was very impressed with the accessories they included. I thought they were going to be cheap but were actually pretty decent. They had my order at my door here in NC in 2 days and that was standard shipping.

This video shows some of the accessories but there were a lot more that I didn't show.

Also included was a $50 coupon for another Minelab item and a $5 coupon from Kellyco as well.

I was very skeptical of them and their somewhat tacky marketing techniques but they haven't done me wrong. I was very delighted with my experience with them in fact we plan to stop by their store on my next visit to Florida.

I guess the flyers they sent me when I was a kid some 30 years ago finally paid off for them. :-)

(the box on the top that I moved was my BOGO deal, it is a Titan 2000xd AKA Bounty Hunter 2200 that I also got with the order for an additional $99)

Don't laugh at the Bounty Hunter until you have tried one, they are super light, inexpensive, a lot of fun and simple to use and is a great second detector complimenting the Minelab.

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I bought mine from Kellyco. Price was the same as local and I would of had to pay 83.00 dollars sales tax! Kellyco gave me a bunch of items free. I sold most of it on Ebay. I also used there BOGO sale and bought another 450.00 detector for 99.99. I sold the extra detector for 250 made 150 sold the extra stuff from Kellyco for 165. saved 83 in tax.Total of 398.00 So it really cost me 800.98 for my Excal II in the end. Just my two cents. steve

D

digum smacks

when i got my ex cal 2,i got it local when they first came out and paid $999 before tax brand new in the box.

OP
OP
syko

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Yeah, thanks everyone for suggestions. I don't have anything local that has Minelab, and I will not drive 100 miles or whatever to the next closest dealer.
Why am I gonna spend extra on gas, time, and still pay taxes on $1200?

It's a toss up between Kellyco, TC, and Detector Depot. Too bad KC won't let me swap their "$400 freebies" for a decent scoop, or would they? :dontknow:

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
billinstuart said:
Support your local vendors! $83.00 isn't enough difference for me to put up with mail order crap.
Apparently you can't read as it was 398.00 total.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out texas premium detectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread