Garrett Ace 250
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Help i'm new!

Have you tried to turn down the sensitivity till your 250 is stable. Personally I would try to hunt between the wet sand and the towel/blanket line....

Here are some videos by Crackbadger, first one is with ACE 250...Enjoy them.....Crackbadger knows DETECTING.... :icon_thumright:

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have an ace 250. It is a coin magnet. IN THE DRY. Do not I repeat do not get the display box wet or GAME OVER. Hit that towel line and the slope down to the edge of the water, and the volleyball courts. One of my favorite area is where people sit to put shoes on after walking in the sand.

I may be on the east coast but tourist are tourist. So do yourself a favor save your clad finds and buy an EXCAL II to take your game to the next level. That's what I did. Hunting the dry is fun, but soon enough you'll realize you are missing out on some of the fun.

Have fun, remember T-net is wealth of info. Check out all the areas including the Charter Member area

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.

Those are some great video's. It shows that you do not have to drop a grand on a detector to enjoy tthis hobby. :headbang:

phantomfinder

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2008
Denver , Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's DFX , Ace 150 , Prizm 2

WELL , WELL , WELL ???
I would leave the beach and head for the hills with that ace 250.
There has been some people , that have found gold in your state using a ace 250 :wink:
The ace 250 is a great coin finder in dry dirt, or change the size the coil. :dontknow:
Start slow , find the coins and then work on knowing what each hit sounds like ;D
I wish you all the luck in the world, happy hunting out there :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
yournewneighbor

yournewneighbor

Feb 1, 2010
ventura
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

You guys are all awesome! Thanks for the help. I think i'm starting to figure out the signals and everything. I am going to try crackbadgers advice on the sensitivity on wet sand. I was getting a lot of false reads so i just took it up to the dry and found some random stuff today. I would head up the hills but i have yet to find a md buddy. So for now i'm going to master this junk on the beach. And who knows maybe i'll find an md buddy and gold up somewhere. Thanks again for the experienced advice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions