beach hunter 300 falsing

T

TreasurdiggrNY

terry g said:
hi,
anyone have falsing issues with their B/H 300.
mine constantly does. >:(
Thanks for your replies

Some more info would help. Is the unit new? How old is it? Has the machine run well before and the issue your having just popped up out of the blue? Has the machine been modified? Does it false everywhere or just in the water? What are the settings you're running? Is the machine new to you or are you an experienced user?

Some things to look for that I can think of are.
Check all the connections.
Be sure you're dealing with fresh batteries.
Check your settings, jiggle the knobs some with the machine on I had this problem on a machine I was looking to buy, one of the knobs was jerked up, a quick look thru the manual can help too.
Check the machine at the hunt spot, sometimes household electronics can make a machine nuts.
Look the machine over for any signs of damage

Good luck

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this problem just started I would first remove the coil cover to clean out the black sand that got in there to cause the trouble.

If that doesn't cure it you might have a bad coil where water got inside, coil wire gone bad, or moisture got inside the box. Even though it is supposed to be waterproof to 25 feet, they can leak if not well greased and sealed when you close them back up. One of the reasons Fisher & Minelab went to separate battery compartments.

You might have to send it back in to Whites as my buddies is doing the same thing and he only does freshwater. Oh yeah, it could also only be your cell phone causing it. Try leaving the cell in the car or turn it off.

http://detectorstuff.com/2009/08/05...ay-by-first-texas-lead-engineer-dave-johnson/

Good Luck,
Sandman

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More information would help if you explain the conditions of the falsing.....Does it false as soon as you turn it on? Does it false on dry sand, wet sand or in the water? Are you seeing the false in shallow water as waves go over it (common)?

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
My beachhunter 300 started falsing after I let a friend borrow it for a day.

I checked it out and discovered that if you shook the cable where it goes into the control box, it would false.

I sent it back to Whites, they corrected the cable problem, and had it back to me in less than 10 days - no charge.

Bill

Skipper

Apr 25, 2005
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
I made the mistake of wearing knee high rubber boots that had steel shanks in the souls. I didn't know it at the time, but finally figured it out. After I Changed in to my shoes, all was fine.

Just a thought.

D

digum smacks

try the coil,get in a quiet place and shake it,to see if theres any water in it,my dual field did that

OP
OP
T

terry g

May 9, 2009
In the Mediterranean on a yacht.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
2 x Excalibur ll, Excal 1000,
Thanks for all the replies,
sorry for not giving enough info, i have had this machine for five months and got it new.
it has been working ok up until a few weeks ago when it became very erratic and would false mainly on the wet sand after coming out of the water.I think the coil might have some water in it as one of the members have sugested,
i have noticed that the epoxy sealing the coil halves together is poress and is not adheared to both surfaces of the coil in some parts.
Thanks again
terry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread