Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Upvote 0

spritch

Sep 13, 2007
Commerce,Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites MXT
The coil is waterproof but beware of waves because if water hits the box, its all over. Also if you have a pinponter attached, the water cannot reach that box.

T

TreasurdiggrNY

I agree with spritch and have to stress........Watch for the waves. I only hunt around and in the water with waterproof machines but there were several times when a bigger than usual wave caught me off guard, good luck.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't just watch the waves, or for holes. If you raise the shaft where the coil is higher then the controls, water will run down inside the shaft and into the controls.....

Another thing to be concerned about is the salt spray, I highly suggest you cover the controls with a gallon baggie to keep the salt spray off.....

Good luck... :icon_thumright:

spritch

Sep 13, 2007
Commerce,Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites MXT
Treasure_Hunter said:
Don't just watch the waves, or for holes. If you raise the shaft where the coil is higher then the controls, water will run down the shaft and into the controls.....

Another thing to be concerned about is the salt spray, I highly suggest you cover the controls with a gallon baggie to keep the salt spray off.....

Good luck... :icon_thumright:
Amen to all the above. This machine is VERY susceptible to moisture.

OP
OP
bravowhiskey

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
All sounds like GREAT advice. I'll certainly bag it. And thanks, Treasure_Hunter, for the 'water running down the shaft' thought, that would probably not have crossed my mind.
Ya'll have been a BIG HELP!
May the treasure hunting gods be with you all. :wink:

BW

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont have a Minelab SE or hunt in the ocean but I use my Tesoro Eldorado to hunt the Colorado river an ponds an fresh water lakes , it's not water proof but I am just careful an dont get any deeper than waist deep an dont get the control box wet .Until I can get me a water unit I am making do , I'd rather be careful an find good stuff than be orced to wait until I get a water unit an miss out on all the goodies :tongue3:

HH Tank :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• SDC10264.JPG
    SDC10264.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 269
  • SDC10264.JPG
    SDC10264.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 266

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread