Spring Break

Overkill Overkill

Feb 18, 2010
I haven't yet seen any posts about hunting during/after Spring Break? Isn't this a popular time to hunt (FL, TX)? Or how about detecting in the water after a huge (miles long) party in the water, such as the annual bartenders? party in the water near Key West?

Here in MIssouri there is a party spot on the Lake of the Ozarks know as "Party Cove." There has to be some nice stuff on the bottom of that lake floor.

Upvote 0

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 weeks and counting... don't forget bike week... :thumbsup:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Table Rock Lake or Lake of the Ozarks, you'll likely be diving to find anything of value dropped by the swimmers.
And yeah, Spring Break is a great time to detect down here in Florida. Is that what you wanted to know?

Bran <><

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just remember when they party in the lake from their boat. They normally don't take their trash home with them. It goes into the lake with the other stuff.....Matt

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spring Break is typically the start of the "hunting season" down here in Florida.......

arnoldziffel

Jan 8, 2010
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
i would think it would be a prime time. I live in NY so there is no spring break up here. I have to wait for the summer. good luck if you go. besides, the sights aren't bad either! :laughing7:

herbcat

Jan 13, 2010
long island, ny
Detector(s) used
mx7 1776 king charles 111 silver reale
ArnoldZiffel said:
i would think it would be a prime time. I live in NY so there is no spring break up here. I have to wait for the summer. good luck if you go. besides, the sights aren't bad either! :laughing7:
i live on long island also, but spring break in fl. is something else, nice weather,nice ladies and great hunting.

herb

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
You have to wait for Spring Break. Locals are smart enough to NOT wear their jewelry to the beach.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sandsifter

Dec 14, 2007
Rockport Texas
Detector(s) used
SOV GT, EXCAL 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Sandman
That link doesen't work. It said the web site was frozen due to illness

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandsifter said:
Sorry Sandman

Link works, the original link was removed, but the NMHRA link works....

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before spring break gets here go out and buy you a tazer and a can of Mase.In the past I have found that Spring breaker are a pain in the a#$#$.All they want to do is fight or grab your booty bag to see what in it.Alot of them are ok ,but you always have the dumb aaaaa.So a word of the wise protect your self and watch out for the bad kids. Ron Lord ,Naples FLA.

OD_hunt

Aug 16, 2009
South Africa
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
Spring break seems like an American phenomenon for most outside the Americas... We have similar parties I guess but mostly during new year, and also serious crowds (with minimal jewlery :-[ ) during Easter weekend. Luckily our beaches in SA are visited almost all year round as temperatures stay between 18 and 30 deg C in the popular spots I guess.

OD

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I just figured out why the site isn't loading for some people... you need Java installed for your computer. You can download & install it here, http://www.java.com/en/
I only realized it because I just reformatted my computer & installed Windows 7 Professional on my computer over the weekend, and I hadn't installed Java back yet. :sign13:

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, scratch that... it's not loading for me. At least the top banner isn't.
All the links still appear to work.

Bran <><

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandsifter said:
Sorry Sandman

I check back on my posts, unlike the orginal poster. The link I gave, http://www.nmhra.netfirms.com/pulltab/ works OK. It said nothing about Norm's illness because he passed away.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
godisnum1 said:
I think I just figured out why the site isn't loading for some people... you need Java installed for your computer. You can download & install it here, http://www.java.com/en/
I only realized it because I just reformatted my computer & installed Windows 7 Professional on my computer over the weekend, and I hadn't installed Java back yet. :sign13:

Bran <><

Windows 7? :tongue3: I think I am still on Windows three or four. :laughing7: I don't think this laptop has enough hair on it to run 7.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heh, I hear ya... our family started out with Windows 3.1 on a brand new ($4,000) computer back in Dec of 1994 (one month before Windows 95 was released, though no one told us) :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread