what type of junk stuff you find

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find the usual junk, but I find usually 1 1/4 in. allen wrench every time I go ... what are they for. Also why do I find so many paper clips? :laughing9:

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I find junk all the time and I post pictures of everything I find. Some people are not happy about that because they don't want to see all the junk but I think people SHOULD see the junk as well as the good stuff. You don't only find GOOD stuff! Look at my posts and you will see a lot of junk! ::)

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have posted my junk last year when I got out. I would show bag of trash that I have found. When I can gt out this year I will post what I find.....

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think the 1/4" allen wrench is to set up the beach canopies. I find them all summer long too .. in California.

HH Joe

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
DrJoePrime said:
I think the 1/4" allen wrench is to set up the beach canopies. I find them all summer long too .. in California.

HH Joe

You know I think you're right! I never thought about that. I find them too. Thanks for the info

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
S.S.Tupperware said:
I find the usual junk, but I find usually 1 1/4 in. allen wrench every time I go ... what are they for. Also why do I find so many paper clips? :laughing9:

Paperclips are glorified bookmarks and keep the pages from blowing.

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
This past week my junk finds included:

one folding army camp shovel (like new)
one canon camera battery
six 50 caliber shells
four 50 caliber bullets
one broken boat propeller
three plastic diving masks (surface finds)
an assortment of bottle caps, pull tabs, gum wrappers
lots of shredded aluminum

I bring it all home, recycle the metal throw the rest away

Bill

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other day I dug up one of those aluminum canes. The ones with the bent handle on top with a black grip. My buddy asked if I dug deep enough to see if someone was still hanging on to it.

cane.jpg

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
JackInFlorida said:
The other day I dug up one of those aluminum canes. The ones with the bent handle on top with a black grip. My buddy asked if I dug deep enough to see if someone was still hanging on to it.

Oh that's funny! ::)

OD_hunt

Aug 16, 2009
South Africa
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
Here's some of my first finds ever... Note my first ring - a junk :thumbsup: Many beer bottle caps and corroded coins. In the mean time I've had time to read up and learnt to listen "finer" so I finally started pulling jewelery. Got no pics of those with me now.

Oh yes, the find that left me stunned during one of the first hunts with the excal was half of a small paper staple from the corner of an office document, at about 9 inches deep!! It wasn't even a millimeter wide, by about 10mm long. :icon_scratch:

Also, these were in AM mode, still learning...

OD

Attachments

• P1020948s.jpg
    P1020948s.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 294
  • P1030055s.jpg
    P1030055s.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 288

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
I like these two airplanes, found one myself once. Sorry, no fotos of my trash. Think I find the normal junk such as bottlecaps, pulltabs, zipperpulls, aluminum foil. Last sunday I had two teaspoons too. I usually throw my junk in the trash can on the way from the beach back to the car.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alas, I feel I must remind everyone again...............We don't find junk here on Tnet. We only find junque and crappe'! Sometimes I feel I am the King of Junque as I have found my share. M :laughing7: nty

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
I found a metal toy car in good condition and I gave it to the first little boy I came across. I also found some gun shaped metal thing? And some heavy chains, and plenty of someone's discarded party!! (beer cans), and I found some sharp, long, thin metal items. If you stepped on them, it would go through your foot. They were long, almost like a big needle!!

Oh, and on my property I found a car license plate from 1966, and some metal strap things. Like maybe they were used to hold a fuel tank to the car, or something?? Maybe if I dig deep enough, I'll find the whole car?? lol..

Now I'm hoping that with my new Excal, I won't be finding too much trash. I plan to be in the water as much as possible. Although, with my travels, I will use it everywhere I possibly can.

HH!! skt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread