Next time

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
First time at the beach hunting in two months this morning. Right off the bat I had trouble. I had to park at the meters and the darn machine would not take my quarters. Well it took 2 and then kept spitting the rest back out no matter which ones I put in. These were not "found" quarters either they were from the bank and the machine still would not take them. This happened to me once before and that time I went ahead and took a chance of getting a ticket. I didn't but I didn't want to push my luck so I used my credit card to pay. Well wouldn't you know..... it would only take it by paying the MAX amount of 10.00! **sigh** OK I was stupid and I went ahead and paid it.

Off I went to hunt. I had to stay in the wet sand to walk but I will say I did wade into the water a few times up to the top of boots but other than that I stayed in the wet sand. I did manage to get quite a few hits but most of them were pieces of crab or lobster traps, a few pull tabs, one spoon, 2 sinkers, the tip of a pen, 2 dimes and 1 penny. I had intended to stay down there for about 4 hours but ended up giving up after about 2-1/2. It was enough for the first time out in a long time. OK so now big finds this morning but I did get out and it was great. Maybe next time............ :wink:

Upvote 0

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe next time mumszie..... :laughing7:
Go easy with the foot until it gets
stronger.....then you can get REALLY serious
about hunting the beaches!!
Gold Nuggets :hello:

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Arrrgghh...one of my pet peeves .. paying for parking.

One nice thing in California, cars with handicapped stickers don't get parking tickets..unfortunately (or is it Fortunately) I don't have such a sticker.

Bummer Mumszie $10 is pretty steep. I would have written a note and stuck it to the meter saying: "Won't take my darn Quarters!"

One of our local beaches charge for parking and I very seldom detect there...but when I do I park on the street and walk the extra 1/2 mile.

My gosh .. here I display my "cheapness" to the whole world ... NO it's a matter of "Principle."

HH Joe

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tough way to start detecting again. At least you got out for awhile and started to strengthen that limb again. :walk: Slowly but surely it will be getting stronger, then look out world, here comes Mumszie. No treasure will be safe anywhere in your area once you get back up to speed. :laughing9:

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
DrJoePrime said:
Arrrgghh...one of my pet peeves .. paying for parking.

One nice thing in California, cars with handicapped stickers don't get parking tickets..unfortunately (or is it Fortunately) I don't have such a sticker.

Bummer Mumszie $10 is pretty steep. I would have written a note and stuck it to the meter saying: "Won't take my darn Quarters!"

One of our local beaches charge for parking and I very seldom detect there...but when I do I park on the street and walk the extra 1/2 mile.

My gosh .. here I display my "cheapness" to the whole world ... NO it's a matter of "Principle."

HH Joe

Actually I do have one of those license plates so maybe that is why I didn't get a ticket the first time. I am allowed to have a handicap sticker but the license plate is for my husband and I feel bad if I take advantage of a handicap parking place in case I take it from someone who really needs it. OK so I have a hard time walking on dry land but once in the water I can go for hours. heh heh

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet if you had detected right around that meter, you would have found enough quarters to feed it. Better luck next time. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread