again with the headphones

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldn't really matter for my DF... I guess it would be a comfort thing...

Florida Sand Digger

Jun 16, 2009
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX w/Bigfoot coil, BHID, SMPI
I use the black widows on my DFX. I really like these headphones. They are comfortable, I sometimes hunt 10 to 12 hours in a day. They are also good at blocking out the noises around me, like ocean waves, stereos, etc. I would definitely go with pro.

HH
Digger

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've noticed a HUGE difference between my old cheap headphones and my Sunray Pro Gold headphones!
I don't think I could go back to a lesser pair of headphones now... I've been spoiled. ;D

Bran <><

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On one of my older Excall"s i had a pair of Gray Ghost(water proof)Big difference. I just wish Minelab still did Mods,All off them would have Gray Ghost head phones,An different coils. :tongue3:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a headphone junkie...used several aftermarket phones and by far the best for me on comfort, blocking ambient noise are the Peltor's Gelpad headphone's conversion, and they retain the original tones of the phones you have removed the tranducers/speakers from,The blocking ability of beach noise of the Peltors is 30 db's, stock excal yellows 12 db's, GG & BW's are set at 24 db's..alot of difference and improvement. {This convert is Mr. GoldMaster's from CJC's excal books}
Here is a short video of the stock excal II headphones Gel seals upgrade, just the pads are removed from the stock phones and replaced with the Silicon Gel pads for more comfort. They run about 32 dollars, not cheap but once you see & feel the difference there worth every penny. Joe/obn

Attachments

• OBN\'s Gels for the Excal Yellows.jpg
    OBN\'s Gels for the Excal Yellows.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 297
  • DSC_0193.JPG
    DSC_0193.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 299

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Great question, I was looking for a finally to the video, and your question tookcare of that
Just dropped them in my GF's saltwater pool, will pull them Friday afternoon and let you know..should be about 48 hours on the bottom. ...thanks Joe

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Almost 72 hours, submerged...wet & cold, but 100%...OK....joe

Attachments

• 3 days.jpg
    3 days.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 190
  • pull.jpg
    pull.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 191
  • ok.jpg
    ok.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 184

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
MT Pockets said:
Looks great.. My concern was whether the adhesive would hold up over time. while Constantly getting submerged..
That and U know how great our gulf salt water is on destroying things. Would take more than a dunk or 2 to really find out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread