do you carry a weapon?

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COTTON said:
JP said:
I ususally go with a friend treasure hunting, but if I had to I guess I will take the small one with me..... :o :o :o :o

(opps my foot is in the picture....sorry)
Show off :tongue3: :laughing9:

;D Cotton, it's better protection then a can of chew...hahaha of course you could toss the can like a Chinese star :laughing9: :laughing9:

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you carry a .25 caliber be sure to aim at the teeth, any place else and you'll only piss the guy off. I'm 6'4" tall, 270# and most undesireables would rather pluck a hair off King Kong's butt than mess with me. I carry a Big Brute scoop that has a sharpened edge for water hunting. Retreat into knee deep water where running is impossible and start swinging. >:(
Land Sharks, I carry a SCUBA knife like Sandman has on my tool holder, with a Gator Digger that's sharpened and two probes: on 12 inch brass and the other is a 18 inch Ice Pick probe. Ask a thug sometime how they like ice picks, most don't for good reason, it'll go right through a breast bone like a hot knife on butter.
Pepper spray is expensive but a better choice is WASP SPRAY. It'll shoot a 30 foot stream and offer several shots for a few bucks. Also it's poison and the thugs will have to seek medical treatment to get the stuff out of their eyes and bloodstream.
If you are grabbed from behind, drive your heel onto their foot and use your elbows to their face. Don't bother with a groin kick, back slap them across the Adam's apple with the back of your hand.:o That paralyzes their ability to breath and makes their eyes water. Other tips, go to Youtube and watch some of the Self Defense videos :read2: that instructors put on there.
You might have to fight for your life so toss away the rule book and fight like a Barbarian :icon_pirat: and fight to win. Most thugs are bullies and cowards and don't want to mess with someone who might kick their butt. Be safe! :headbang: :thumbsup:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FLauthor said:
If you carry a .25 caliber be sure to aim at the teeth, any place else and you'll only piss the guy off. I'm 6'4" tall, 270# and most undesireables would rather pluck a hair off King Kong's butt than mess with me. I carry a Big Brute scoop that has a sharpened edge for water hunting. Retreat into knee deep water where running is impossible and start swinging. >:(
Land Sharks, I carry a SCUBA knife like Sandman has on my tool holder, with a Gator Digger that's sharpened and two probes: on 12 inch brass and the other is a 18 inch Ice Pick probe. Ask a thug sometime how they like ice picks, most don't for good reason, it'll go right through a breast bone like a hot knife on butter.
Pepper spray is expensive but a better choice is WASP SPRAY. It'll shoot a 30 foot stream and offer several shots for a few bucks. Also it's poison and the thugs will have to seek medical treatment to get the stuff out of their eyes and bloodstream.
If you are grabbed from behind, drive your heel onto their foot and use your elbows to their face. Don't bother with a groin kick, back slap them across the Adam's apple with the back of your hand.:o That paralyzes their ability to breath and makes their eyes water. Other tips, go to Youtube and watch some of the Self Defense videos :read2: that instructors put on there.
You might have to fight for your life so toss away the rule book and fight like a Barbarian :icon_pirat: and fight to win. Most thugs are bullies and cowards and don't want to mess with someone who might kick their butt. Be safe! :headbang: :thumbsup:

NOW I KNOW WHAT TO USE MY 3 CANS OF WASP SPRAY FOR!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

OK i got off the floor on this one ROFFLMAO!!!

They need to remarket this wasp spray as Land shark repellant!!!!!! LOL

astro-nut

Sep 12, 2008
southwest fla
Detector(s) used
whites spectra, dual field, beachhunter300, minelab quattro
i carry the stealth scoop the big one that handle is solid it's like carring a bat ;D LOL

travelingjack1

Apr 5, 2010
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I usually carry a fresh can of pepper spray on me ,and i always have a Mding buddy with me. At the first sign of danger i will [size=10pt]spray my fellow Md partner in the face with the pepper spray. As he is running around in circles screaming and clawing at his eyes, it usually buys me enough time for a safe and timely escape. Anyone want to go detecting? :icon_pirat:[/size]

Attachments

• pepper-spray.jpg
    pepper-spray.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 486

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
travelingjack1 said:
I usually carry a fresh can of pepper spray on me ,and i always have a Mding buddy with me. At the first sign of danger i will [size=10pt]spray my fellow Md partner in the face with the pepper spray. As he is running around in circles screaming and clawing at his eyes, it usually buys me enough time for a safe and timely escape. Anyone want to go detecting? :icon_pirat:[/size]

Great idea, Next time i'll bring my Wife :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, White's BHID 300, Fisher CZ20, Fisher CZ 6A, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus, White's 5900 DI Pro SL, and others!
Deepdiger60 said:
If iam not on the beach which here is ok at least during the day and iam in the deep woods you bet i carry a weapon you just never know what your going to run into :dontknow: although i have seen sharks close in to the beaches sometimes the King !! great whites do show up here since we are 121 miles out on the tip east end and no way would i even stay in the water long enough to fight one of those off :o.

That Muela knife is a real beauty!!! I would luv to get one just like that too :headbang:

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Thought I would reply to this. My weapon is my scoop. My enemy...DOGS. Those rabid mongrel curs! JK. I like most dogs. I even had one run up to me and lick me in the face...while I was desuiting. Its the one outa 15 or so that get jacked up and act like they gonna attack me. Not just playing. I gave one owner a stern warning I "wasn't waiting for the dog to get closer than my swing!" Problem here? Owner. Guy says "good boy" when they were leaving.

As far as a real weapon...I live in massachusetts. Only criminals and cops are allowed. Heh. What a state. HH -Joe

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Bretta .25 auto ... very small and easy to carry in your back pocket.
Aint much on brute stopping power but the closer they get the more deadly it becomes.

Never had to take it out of my pocket ... hope I never do ... nothing good can come from that.
But as the old saying goes ... Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6!

Willee

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FLauthor said:

I like the way you think!
When facing violence on the street today, the only thing guaranteed to get you out alive is by injuring the attacker(s) beyond their ability to function!

https://m260.infusionsoft.com/go/TFT/Goodyguy/

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread