Local lake

Schulace123

Tenderfoot
Apr 2, 2010
Hey guys, new here and not sure where to post this. I live on a large local lake here in Minnesota (lake Minnetonka) there are a couple of islands/beaches that have had activity for about a 100 years or so and I have never heard or seen anyone metal detecting. I really think it would be a gold mine...I know of 3 rings just from friends that have fallen in ha. I'm not to familiar with metal detectors and would like some advice on purchasing a FW detector. I plan on MDing on the beach and Scuba diving. Any advice helps ;D

thanks, Chris

Upvote 0

diver420

Nov 1, 2006
Schulace123 said:
Hey guys, new here and not sure where to post this. I live on a large local lake here in Minnesota (lake Minnetonka) there are a couple of islands/beaches that have had activity for about a 100 years or so and I have never heard or seen anyone metal detecting. I really think it would be a gold mine...I know of 3 rings just from friends that have fallen in ha. I'm not to familiar with metal detectors and would like some advice on purchasing a FW detector. I plan on MDing on the beach and Scuba diving. Any advice helps ;D

thanks, Chris

I hate to burst your bubble, Lake Minnetonka gets pounded by people detecting. Go to the Minnesota website Gopher State treasure Hunters (goggle it) and type in Minnetonka into the search engine. Not to say there isn't anything there, but it gets hunted hard including the islands.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just have a garret ace 250 and mine can be submerged. I spent under $300 for. You don't have to pay a grand to get something that can get wet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread