beach scoop help?

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a heavy S S scoop, and I haven't found a good way to hang it , makes my pants on the ground!!! So for me the best I found is to drag it, but hey I don't mind.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VaBeachmax uses a hook on his belt to drag his when not in the water....A carpenter's hammer pouch works also, it swivels, you slide the scoop handle end in the hole and attach it. Personally if I'm not in the water I drag mine with my free hand to show where I was, so on my return trip I move over enough so that my swing is parallel to the last trip and work a pattern this way in front of high traffic areas, then move down and repeat
>_______________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________)
(_________________________________________________________________
<________________________________________________________________)

<------------------------------------40 yards +/------------------------------------------>

Good luck.

firstbiggestmost

Oct 29, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excall II, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldeagle said:
can somebody tell me if there is a holder for the scoop while you are walking?some type of belt hook or hoop.thanks

What type of scoop do you have? No handle, medium, or long handle?

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to have that same problem. Now I use a wooden handle that floats. Just let go and it is right there! Here is the scoop I use. (handle not in pic)

Attachments

• DSC05484.JPG
    DSC05484.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 291
  • DSC05484.JPG
    DSC05484.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 282
  • DSC05485.JPG
    DSC05485.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 286

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also drag my scoop on the sand to mark where I have been. As for what types of scoops it depends on the sand where your hunting. Dry sand works well with the screen sifter type baskets and I prefer the long handle ones to save from having to bend over. The RTG Beachmaster is what I use for dry and some wet sand. For the water I like a big bucket to get as much material per scoop so I can get the item quickly an for this i like the Sunspot. However I wish the Sunspot had a looped handle for easier placement in the water.

Attachments

• RTG Beachmaster water scoop.jpg
    RTG Beachmaster water scoop.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 227
  • Stealth Scoops.jpg
    Stealth Scoops.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 227
  • RTG Beachmaster water scoop.jpg
    RTG Beachmaster water scoop.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 235
  • Stealth Scoops.jpg
    Stealth Scoops.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 230

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I float mine on my sifter

The reason I got a sifter to begin with was just to float my scoop. And then I discovered all of the other benefits!
Clip a rope to my finds belt and sifter follows me everywhere, toss a decoy achor overboard and it doesn't "crowd"
you. Gets all those little targets that fall right thru your scoop. Its non metalic so vibra probe picks out those tiny targets.
Now I spend more time looking for targets in bottom, because I'm not wasting time looking for them in my scoop.

Steve :-)

Attachments

• rev c floating in sifter 1 resized.jpg
    rev c floating in sifter 1 resized.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 248
  • rev c floating in sifter 1 resized.jpg
    rev c floating in sifter 1 resized.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 245

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread