Does this count as one target or two?

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
I found a little erosion line at one of my favorite beaches recently, lots of exposed rocks and some older targets. Swinging with the ETrac, I got a nice silver (12-46) signal and pulled this out of the sand:

BeachHunt1.jpg

Does that count as one target? Or two? :laughing9:
I was a little confused at this point, because it was definitely a good silver hit, but sure didn’t look like silver.
After I got home, I separated the ring from the key and set up my little electrolysis unit:
BeachHunt2.jpg

After many hours of electrolysis and some fine grade steel wool cleaning, I realized I did indeed have silver:
BeachHunt4.jpg

Even more so, I had found a coin ring! It’s a Walking Liberty Half Dollar ring too!
BeachHunt5.jpg

I managed to get a little more silver from this spot… a beach toast silver Washington.. an old pocket knife and a couple of memorials.
BeachHunt3.jpg

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting. - Jim

Upvote 0

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Jim! Great Find! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Any date on that coin ring?

That is on my wish list .. but I think I'll just have to break down and have one made.

Gotta love that beach erosion!

HH Joe

PS: I'll probably be down your way for the cactus show (I think June).

OP
OP
ziphius

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
Joe,

I've got one number on the date exposed, a '4'. There might be a '2' following it, which would make sense. But this is one of the hardest silver cleaning jobs I've ever taken on...

DrJoePrime said:
Hey Jim! Great Find! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Any date on that coin ring?

That is on my wish list .. but I think I'll just have to break down and have one made.

Gotta love that beach erosion!

HH Joe

PS: I'll probably be down your way for the cactus show (I think June).

ALL SILVER

Tenderfoot
Apr 10, 2010
Deer Park
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X
GREAT FIND AND MANY MORE. I like your electrolis unit. A I found last time was a couple newer pennies and one dime and you can guess three of the other thing ( don't want to say them). :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread