Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
Puerto Rico at San Juan
Arch

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
I had a hookah in high school. I couldn't find anything after I used it. It was awesome.

My brother stole it.

Good luck with yours!

-Fathead

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
ROFL I had one in college. I forgot what happened to it...last two years were a blurr. HH Joe

fathead said:
I had a hookah in high school. I couldn't find anything after I used it. It was awesome.

My brother stole it.

Good luck with yours!

-Fathead

coin_diver

Oct 3, 2003
Syracuse, ny
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, xl500 (27 yrs) XLT (17 yrs)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats on your hookah, take your time and you'll learn to love it. I bought a Keene 17yrs ago and have replaced the bearings and even the engine, but it has never disappointed me.
You should run at only enough throttle to supply you enough air, about 1/2 throttle. This will push your down time to as much as 2.5 hrs. Believe me, any body that wants to bitch at you won't wait around for you to come back up.
The pan also makes a good place to drop your garbage and keep a bottle of water, you'll need it.
The best news is, you'll find more because you can work stony areas that are difficult to scoop and it willl keep it's value.
G' luck

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are going to love the hookah. Coin Diver is right about keeping a bottle of water in the dish as your throat and mouth get dry breathing that air. Suggest you also get a Low Pressure reserve tank to accumulate and cool the air before it gets to your regulator.

nuggetshooter

May 9, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i, Minelab GPX 4000, Gold Bug 2, Troy Shadow X2, Fisher M-Scope FX-3, Fisher 1220X PRO, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent idea Sandman - I had a reserve tank on my gold dredge before I sold it for a smaller one that does not have air. The reserve gives you a few minutes of air when the gas runs out - also helps keep you from going into a panic! Panic is definitely not good when you are are 8-10 feet under water!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, you always run out of air after you exhale. :laughing7: The air in the hoses also gives you a couple extra breaths to start to the surface though I always carried a 13 cu in pony bottle and spare air tank. A little overkill maybe but helps when you have something heavy to get to the surface for filling a lift bag. You can tell by the sound when the engine stops. If the hose goes tight, some stupid dude is trying to steal your hookah. The dummies don't know what a dive flag means. :dontknow:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fathead said:

My brother stole it.

Good luck with yours!

-Fathead

:laughing9: :dontknow:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Yes, you always run out of air after you exhale. :laughing7: The air in the hoses also gives you a couple extra breaths to start to the surface though I always carried a 13 cu in pony bottle and spare air tank. A little overkill maybe but helps when you have something heavy to get to the surface for filling a lift bag. You can tell by the sound when the engine stops. If the hose goes tight, some stupid dude is trying to steal your hookah. The dummies don't know what a dive flag means. :dontknow:

Sandman please tell me that you havent actualy had this happen to you right ?

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Re: I bought my Hookah system

Sandman said:
You are going to love the hookah. Coin Diver is right about keeping a bottle of water in the dish as your throat and mouth get dry breathing that air. Suggest you also get a Low Pressure reserve tank to accumulate and cool the air before it gets to your regulator.

Thanks everyone here for your suggestions. I will need more information to learn. The only inconvenience with this equipment is I'm not allowed to carry it on airplane. I called some airlines companies and they said since 9-11, they don't carry anything with gas or gas engine, so it's pretty hard for me plan to metal detecting outside USA with it.

Now when I fly to PR, I have to send it by Fedex to the hotel.

Arch

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used

coin_diver said:
Congrats on your hookah, take your time and you'll learn to love it. I bought a Keene 17yrs ago and have replaced the bearings and even the engine, but it has never disappointed me.
You should run at only enough throttle to supply you enough air, about 1/2 throttle. This will push your down time to as much as 2.5 hrs. Believe me, any body that wants to bitch at you won't wait around for you to come back up.
The pan also makes a good place to drop your garbage and keep a bottle of water, you'll need it.
The best news is, you'll find more because you can work stony areas that are difficult to scoop and it willl keep it's value.
G' luck

Thanks for your input. According with department of tourist of many countries, the entry of tourist in the Caribbean by country is huge, Puerto Rico is 2 million of tourist a year. I estimate 1% of those 2M loss theirs gold and silver in the beach for different reasons. Doing a conservative calculation, 1% of 2M= 20,000. by $150 of gold value lost ea.= 3 millions dollars scattered a year on the beaches. It could be more, it could be less.Using this Hookaj, I would spend more time underwater to recover more gold and silver than somebody using a Scuba tank or just stand on water.

Arch

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
architecad said:
coin_diver said:
G' luck

Thanks for your input. According with department of tourist of many countries, the entry of tourist in the Caribbean by country is huge, Puerto Rico is 2 million of tourist a year. I estimate 1% of those 2M loss theirs gold and silver in the beach for different reasons. Doing a conservative calculation, 1% of 2M= 20,000. by $150 of gold value lost ea.= 3 millions dollars scattered a year on the beaches. It could be more, it could be less.Using this Hookaj, I would spend more time underwater to recover more gold and silver than somebody using a Scuba tank or just stand on water.

Arch

I imagine those that can stand on water aren't too concerned about the gold rings.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about that. I took two hydrocodone pain pills one time and thought I was walking on water.
good thing I didn't decide to fly! M :laughing9: nty

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Diver_Down said:
architecad said:
coin_diver said:
G' luck

Arch

I imagine those that can stand on water aren't too concerned about the gold rings.

I mean, those who are stand on water detecting.

arch

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Hi Everybody

It's here

Attachments

• DSCF2709.JPG
    DSCF2709.JPG
    291.8 KB · Views: 478
  • DSCF2710.JPG
    DSCF2710.JPG
    246.9 KB · Views: 458
  • DSCF2711.JPG
    DSCF2711.JPG
    228 KB · Views: 477

Cabana Dan

Greenie
May 9, 2009
Looks nice. I looked a few myself and thought that the brand you purchased was the right choice. Looked at electric also but just don't know about that. Have fun and thanks for the pics!!
Cabana Dan

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
minton7 said:
I love my Hookah system..... very fun to use... am bale to get in places that the waders can not...... very fun

Looks like a nice unit I know nothing about these other than what I has read from time to time.

Do you really need to be certified to use them? Notice I said NEED.. I know scuba you need to be certified just to get your tanks filled.
I know that taking the course would help you with safety issues etc. but I mean really if I was planning on using one (and I am not) I would be in the most say neck deep water so if something happen I would think all you would need to do would be stand up LOL.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread