5-17 finds

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did my usual 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. shift today.

Weather lady said 60% chance of rain. So, I didn't expect to see much of the sun today. I opted not to use sunscreen. :nono: It sprinkled twice before noon and then it was wall to wall sun.

By noon I had 3 rings. :headbang:

The leatherman was not far from the rings and right on top of the sand. Retail about $40.00 :headbang:

The majority of the finds were found in the dry sand.

Finds straight from the pouch
003.JPG

51 coins = $ 5.70
004.JPG

Silver and garnet ring
008.JPG
007.JPG

Shark, dog and 2 mood rings
005.JPG

Tabs and glass
006.JPG

Upvote 0

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300
:icon_thumright: good job! .......my arm feels like it`s going to fall off in about 4 hours after swinging that 6lb.`er...so 6 hours is a long time. :hello2:

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
good on ya. i dont know how u can keep it goin 6 hours reg. i hunted all day

when i was down there but that was becuz i knew it was my only chance.

and man was i sore. believe it or not i was thinkin about u today becuz i was at

a tot lot that had its own 1/2 block of sand. iz the only one around here that izznt wood chips.

i felt like i was at the beach. after 3 hours i call it quits. prob if i had someone

to hunt with here i would keep goin. i like bein a die hard.

very nice sterling . sorry no gold...YOU WILL FIND IT SOON.

ALSO THE FIRST time i have seen 2 dollar coins in one hunt,,congrats NICE LEATHERMAN TOOOL. the real ones are BUILT.

my total in sand was 2.30 and a junk charm. HH

WHEN IZ UR WATER MACHINE FINALLY GETTING FIXED ? A YEAR GEEZ

ID BE CAMPED ON THEIR DOORSTEP BY NOW

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
miket said:
:icon_thumright: good job! .......my arm feels like it`s going to fall off in about 4 hours after swinging that 6lb.`er...so 6 hours is a long time. :hello2:

Why don't you use the harness with bungee? :icon_scratch: I can hunt from dawn to dusk with no pain using my Excal and WOT or my Sovereign and SEF 15" x 18" coil if I use the harness with them.....

lejermonModel-Sharness-2.jpg

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
miket said:
Thanks miket. Like Treasure_Hunter said get yourself a bungee harness. You can buy one or make your own. I made mine and after swinging my Sov Gt w/WOT coil for 6 hours my arm feels just fine. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scrounger said:
good on ya. i dont know how u can keep it goin 6 hours reg. Treasure fever plain and simple ;D i hunted all day

when i was down there but that was becuz i knew it was my only chance.

and man was i sore. believe it or not i was thinkin about u today becuz i was at

a tot lot that had its own 1/2 block of sand. iz the only one around here that izznt wood chips.

i felt like i was at the beach. after 3 hours i call it quits. prob if i had someone

to hunt with here i would keep goin. i like bein a die hard.

very nice sterling . sorry no gold...YOU WILL FIND IT SOON.

ALSO THE FIRST time i have seen 2 dollar coins in one hunt,, I found 2 dollars a few hunts back http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,317982.0.htmlcongrats NICE LEATHERMAN TOOOL. the real ones are BUILT.The leatherman was my coolest find for the day. It's not going to replace my SOG Powerplier I carry everyday, but I'm sure it'll come in handy.

my total in sand was 2.30 and a junk charm. HH

WHEN IZ UR WATER MACHINE FINALLY GETTING FIXED ? A YEAR GEEZ

ID BE CAMPED ON THEIR DOORSTEP BY NOW Supposedly they will be up and running in June, so we'll see. :dontknow:

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300
willie d said:
miket said:
Thanks miket. Like Treasure_Hunter said get yourself a bungee harness. You can buy one or make your own. I made mine and after swinging my Sov Gt w/WOT coil for 6 hours my arm feels just fine. :icon_thumleft:
i like being able to set it down if i have to..i tried once hooking the control box to my belt making it lighter but it`s a pain in the butt getting set-up that way. I`m afraid of dropping the control box and cracking it open. (already sent it in 3 times) So I just leave it as one unit and hunt until I get sore. :tongue3:
plus i use a hand scoop and have to bend a lot to dig and I need freedom to move without the wires or straps getting in the way. I mostly hunt in the dry and can`t see carrying/dragging anything else..

i think i do pretty good the way i learned to do it and i enjoy it - thanks and happy hunting! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
miket said:
willie d said:
miket said:
i like being able to set it down if i have to..i tried once hooking the control box to my belt making it lighter but it`s a pain in the butt getting set-up that way. I`m afraid of dropping the control box and cracking it open. (already sent it in 3 times) So I just leave it as one unit and hunt until I get sore. :tongue3:
plus i use a hand scoop and have to bend a lot to dig and I need freedom to move without the wires or straps getting in the way. I mostly hunt in the dry and can`t see carrying/dragging anything else..

i think i do pretty good the way i learned to do it and i enjoy it - thanks and happy hunting! :icon_sunny:
I gotcha Mike :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mumszie said:
WTG Willie D! You did very well. It sure beats those hunts when you don't find much at all. Congrats on your great day.
Thanks Mumszie. It was a beautiful day.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Da Sand Crab said:
Good job.
Looks as if a couple of people were'nt in the "mood" to be wearing thier rings anymore. :tongue3:
LOL ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread