Encounter

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I went out with high expectations this morning. When I woke up this morning I had been dreaming about find a nice bracelet. Well, that didn't happen. LOL

I had my first encounter with the manatee's this year. I hate when they creep up on you. One minute you are happily hunting and the next you have this huge animal right next to you and you didn't even see it coming! One of them was really big, the other one was big also but not nearly as big as his/her buddy. Still.... they are beautiful, gentle creatures. One thing I am sorry about is that they seem to like the area where people swim and the kids are not so kind and gentle. Have I mentioned I don't like kids? Well most of the time they are just fine but when I'm hunting.... I don't like kids. They splash, they yell, they are obnoxious, they are kids. The parents aren't much better. They yell and scream at their kids and play their radios so loud I bet you can hear it for a mile. Sound does carry across the water. I like it when I get there real early and no one is around. I only got about an hour in this morning before everyone started showing up for the Memorial Day.

I didn't find a lot today either which was a surprise but still it wasn't a total bust. I got a Puka shell necklace, a "Becca" earring (it is NOT gold), some change and oh yeah.... I found the mate to that BIG earring I found the other day. Yippee.... now I have a pair of them. Each one 4 inches across! I will look hot in these babies! ::)

Well like I said not a lot today but still fun.

053010.jpg

Earrings053010.jpg

Oh and I almost forgot I found my 20th ring for this month. It is just a little junk ring but still a ring.

ring053010junk.jpg

Yep, I have a total of 20 rings for May. Most of them junk but pretty impressive for me!

RingsMay20.jpg

Oh the 2 rings that are circled are the same ring.... I messed up with I put this collage together.

Well it's been a great month for me. I hope yours ends as well or better.

:wink:

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, May was a Great month!!........joe

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya sure beat me Mumzie. I think the only thing I found so far other the tiny bit of clad is my one and only 8 reale.. thats its..but am heading out today and it aint over till the fat lady is singing.. so we'll see.. :thumbsup:

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you have been kicking some water metal detecting ..................................................................................................sand for sure.

You WILL DEFINITELY HOT IN THOSE EARRINGS. :headbang:

chipmonky

May 17, 2009
Please please get a water proof camera to take with you would love to see some of the sights we dont get over here in Europe
20 rins for the month junk or not is amazing well dun that lady HH :hello2:

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
That's a nice collection mumszie :icon_thumright:
Agree with chipmonky..Would love to see a photo of a manatee checkin out your coil!

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I found a match to that earring saturday behind the Hilton on CLW beach.

Had that big Ol manatee swim past me too, really does scare the C**P out of you, but what a site.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're definitely kicking my butt in the ring department. I think I've got 2 for the year (1 gold, 1 silver). I see you found my daughter's earring. J/K she doesn't have her ears pierced but that is her name. I found a bracelet today, maybe we could work a trade ;D

Nice work :icon_thumleft:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep, id be a little startled to see something large swimming beside me!!! i hate the noisy, splashy kids also(especially the brainless teens). nice hunt and your way ahead of me on rings :icon_thumright:

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
I hope you enjoy wearing your new earrings! Congrats on a stellar May - 20 rings! Wowsa!!!!!!!!!!

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey the 4 th ring on the top row looks like the ring from the movie The Hangover. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread