Mid-week Bling!!!

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
Got to go out on Wednesday night for a quickie at a cove at the local resort. I only got one target after about an hour of hunting. It was well worth waiting for though. A 14k ring weighing 11.3 grams. It also came with five 1/4 carat diamonds. I was thrilled to say the least. My only regret was not seeing it rolling around in my sand scoop because it was so dark. When I felt it in the scoop I thought it was Tungsten or silver because of the size and weight. When I got home and got my first glimpse of it in the light I still thought it was fake. I did have it appraised by two seperate jewelers/goldsmith's and they both confirmed the the real diamonds and appraised it at about $2,500 at retail. One offered me $1800.00 cash. I declined and will put in the safety deposit box. I felt sorry for the person who lost it...for a few minutes anyway. ;D

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 3,452
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 3,515
Upvote 0

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love waking up on Saturdays to bright sun shine and the glitter of found gold!!!!!!! HH chug

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That will be nice to pass down in the family some day. Takes a hobby to a new level. Nice one and congratulations on the Banner. :icon_sunny:

mikeinOC1

Jul 3, 2006
Orange County CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Minelab Excalibur, Fisher CZ21
Absolutely stunning Da Sand Crab. I see your beautiful find did get put to the banner. Those stones are real pretty. Nice to see some pretty stuff coming out of and being shown from the Hawaiian islands. Gives me some hope.

I have been meaning to go to Kauai this year. Do you get over too that island much ? You diehard guy/gals in Florida and Hawaii are so lucky and sometimes really clean up. Last time I went Waikiki on Oahu I just found a pair of sunglasses in the water. I guess better that nothing. I will have to show some of my beach finds sometime soon. I have been a bit of a lurker on this forum admiring everyone's finds the past couple years.

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
That should be a banner when it reaches the other end of the banner they should repost it. Had it been me I would have said 2K you have a deal. Congrats on your stellar find shame to have that kind of money sitting in a vault when you could sell it and buy a stack of silver bars that will quadruple in price soon.

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWEET find...congrats!!!! :icon_thumleft: :hello2: You got more willpower (or sense) than I do for if it were me and that dealer offered me $1800.00 cash, I would have instantly said...SOLD!!!
As you stated, whoever lost it must be sick...would be a great gesture if you checked the lost and found ads and maybe even posted in there you found a ring and see if anyone repsonds...am sure whoever lost it would be THRILLED to get it back for I am sure that it has some strong sentimental value to its owner

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing better then to watch all that sand filter out of the scoop as you're bring it up and then,...."BLING!" I don't care how many times you see it happen it always seems to fill your head with a sudden influx of refreshing air. :thumbsup:

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
That's the kind of post we all log-in to see! :laughing7: Congrats on making the BANNER! :thumbsup:

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FANTASTIC!!! Congrats on a GREAT find! Breezie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread