who uses gloves at the beach?

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you use a sand scoop there is no need for gloves at the beach. Just pick it right out of your scoop with your fingers.

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using glacier gloves from LL bean(2 or 3ml). Then I put a pair of thin leather work gloves over them the kind that are finger tipless. This has worked so far. When the g. gloves wear out I can take them back to LL bean and get a replacement for free! It's the Co. 100% satisfaction guaranty for life.

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I wear only one glove over my rings on my left hand. It is just a cheap glove bought at Walmart so I won't lose my rings. When that one wears out I use the other one so they last a long time. ::)

firstbiggestmost

Oct 29, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excall II, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started using gloves at the beach this winter to keep warm, but ended up really liking the extra grip, sun protection and sharp object protection. Now I don't like to hunt with out them. I was using cotton gloves with latex dipped palms (3.99 at the depot), but the latex starts to break down quickly. I picked up a more expensive pair (12.99) in the lawn&garden section made of thin synthetic material and silicone palms. The silicon seems to be holding up much better than the latex so far. :coffee2:

Jun 28, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 10", Excalibur Sword 8", Sovereign XS2a Pro, Equinox 800, Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I got a pair of these at Walmart. They are made by Wells Lamont. So far, I really like them. They keep the sun off of the back of my hands, help with gripping the scoop, and I don't get calluses on my scooping hand anymore.

Update 6/11/10:
The left hand glove now has a hole in it near the thumb. It turns out that these gloves are made of cotton. I like the style but will have to find some that are made of a sturdier material.

Attachments

• glove1.jpg
    glove1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 261
  • glove2.jpg
    glove2.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 253
D

digum smacks

i wear west marine sailing gloves they work great

OP
OP
syko

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Lookn4seated said:
If you use a sand scoop there is no need for gloves at the beach. Just pick it right out of your scoop with your fingers.

That's exactly the problem... the scoop hand was getting a blister from dragging the scoop around.
Started dragging it by the rope I attached to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread