Dry Spell ended finally

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
I have hunted at least 8 times since March, but alas, no gold until yesterday. I finally broke the dry spell. Found $1.17 in clad, 5 junk ear rings and two rings, one 14kt gold at 8.14g and one silver band of little value, but fun to find. This year started out GREAT for me with many firsts since I finally got a wet suite and got to do some winter hunting. I am not a Jaw2 or Joestan type "hunting machine", but this has been a good year so far with 7 gold. This year's firsts have included my first Platinum band, my first 22kt gold, and my first wedding set hooked together. It was a long dry spell since March, but it is finally over. HH to ya'al. Ralph

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 342
Upvote 0

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
No complaints from me. Nice looking ring... and a hefty one too :hello2:

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
Gold is what we like to see! :icon_thumleft: Don't worry about how much stuff others are finding. Some naturally have more time to hunt, more productive spots, etc. You're doing great. - Jim

OP
OP
petersra

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Thanks for your kind words of encouragement...... I enjoy the hunt as much as I enjoy finding the gold. Well......almost as much. The local beach is heavily hunted and obviously the tourists don't always wear gold so I am happy to find what I do. Today I went back to the same beach and found an Artcarved tungsten ring. Would have been nice if it had been gold, but it was fun to find another ring plus $0.32 in change and a junk ear ring, plus the assorted fishing supplies and hair pins. HH to ya. Ralph

Attachments

• Hope House 010.JPG
    Hope House 010.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 236

BareBones

Aug 20, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Surf PI, Ace 250,Excal 1000,PI Dual Field, Sand Shark
Nice rings!

I too have been feeling a slump. I don't know what it is, the economy, shifting sands piling on the loot or just more competitive pressure.

I rarely see anyone else out hunting, but I do see the holes out in the water so I know they have been there. I see plenty of swimmers wearing a kings ransom in gold, so I know it's out there.

I honestly don't know why the finds have been coming so slowly this year, even the clad is not what it used to be. I honestly am starting to think it is the sands.

Good to see someone is bringing home the loot!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread