Im back at it

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I'm back at it

I had to take a few days off from hunting and I was really "chomping at the bit" to get back out there this morning. My hopes were high! Well I'll tell you right off I did not find any rings at all. Not even a junk one.

0611101.jpg

I found a lot of junk targets and the little yellow lizard toy was just lying on the bottom and I scooped it up. LOL I found several coins this morning but all small stuff. I didn't find one quarter today. A couple of the coins were so crusted up that I couldn't tell what they were until I got home and cleaned them up a little. I wasn't sure if they were dimes or pennies! They were pennies.

0611102.jpg

Pennies061110.jpg

I found a couple keys - not together but a long way from each other. I found several small sinkers. And I found another Colombian coin. This time it is just 100 pesos.

pesos100061110.jpg

I did find a couple "good" items this morning. I found 3 earrings.

Earrings061110.jpg

One is junk, that is the hoop style earring. One was really covered with black so I assumed that it just might be silver. I was right! It turned out to be 925. It took a lot of cleaning but you can see the 925 mark on it. Yipee! This is a before and after shot of it.

Earring061110925beforeafter.jpg

The best find this morning was the last earring. It is 10k/925 Double yipee!!

Earring06111010kn925.jpg

Sooooo today was not a "banner" day but it was good anyway. I hope YOUR day is as good or better. :wink:

Upvote 0

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Re: I'm back at it

Very nice finds :thumbsup: I can't wait to get some where and do some beach hunting, but it's about 1500 miles to either coast.

HH Charlie

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

But Charlie....... I'm betting you have some great relic hunting areas and what about local rivers and swimming holes? I bet there are some of those around! Check em out!

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

mumszie said:
But Charlie....... I'm betting you have some great relic hunting areas and what about local rivers and swimming holes? I bet there are some of those around! Check em out!

Oh I have but so far it doesn't compare to the jewelery I see folks find on the beaches. I live in a pretty rural area and find older coins all the time but the jewelery is hard to come by.

HH Charlie

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

NIce Hunt girl, always good to see Gold.......joe

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

congrats on the gold. nice to see it show up.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You did great Mumzie.. gold is gold no matter what way we get it... will post my ugly heart stopper later.. congrats on your goodies..

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on the gold/silver earring and the silver kokopelli earring. It cleaned up nice :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread