Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver_Down said:
Dive Booties work well enough for me. You might want to rethink your hunting grounds if you are encountering needles.
I haven't encountered the needles myself, however I ran into another hunter in the water and he told me about finding a hypodermic needle in the marked swim area of the lake where we were hunting on another hunt. This made me reconsider what I am wearing on my feet and lets face it, just because you haven't found a needle where you hunt doesn't mean that you won't find your first one sticking in the bottom of your foot. The cheapos that I am currently wearing do have a somewhat rigid sole but I dont think would offer much protection for a needle stick. We can't "reconsider" where we are hunting if we only have a limited number of places to hunt and believe me I live in a very "tame" area compared to larger cities, running into hypodermic needles is so rare I never even considered it in the water before talking to this other hunter. Thanks for the input though.

Dom of NJ

Feb 24, 2010
Toms River NJ
Detector(s) used
Sovereign Elite, Excalibur, Garrett
"I just picked up some dive shoes for $20 an they work great"

What $20 dive boots do you use, and where to buy?
Thanks
Dom

USMCLion

Feb 15, 2008
Dom of NJ said:
"I just picked up some dive shoes for $20 an they work great"

What $20 dive boots do you use, and where to buy?
Thanks
Dom

They are called Sea Sports and I bought them at the Exchange on base in K-Bay Hawaii. I did a 30 second google search and didn't see them for sale online. I was suprised when I saw them most are $40 and up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread