First Platinum and First White Gold with crippled Excal

Gobyman

Jul 21, 2009
SW, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Excal with 15" WOT
Hey All,

Found my first platinum today, but did'nt get to keep it :( Before I even got into the water for my 2hr hunt a german couple asked if I could find the husbands wedding band he had lost 30 minutes before I got there. I'll I could get for a desciption after some bad translating was that it was silver colored. So after doing a grid search for about 20 minutes, the couple was just about to give up, I hit the ring! As I was pulling out of the scoop thinking it was maybe a white gold ring, the weight seemed pretty heavy and then I saw the 950 mark in it. Needless to say the couple was estatic and asked how much for finding it, but when I said no charge and to consider it a welcome gift from a humble american, the wife stuffed a $20 in my hand ;D Did get a little surprise though on a smalll ring I thought was a 925 ring, turned out to be a 10K white gold ring (looks like half of a wedding band set) :headbang: Also found a strange foreign coin (looks like asian writing with some english) :icon_scratch: The kicker is that these finds where with my crippled Excal...had to do some jerry ringing with some stiff fuel tubing to keep it from falsing (think it is where the coil cable meets the coil, either a loose wire or something), but as you can see I'm able to still detect with it in the water. Luckly I was able to find another used Excal 1000 locally I'll be getting at the end of the month for $750 (see pic) thats coming with alot of nice extras :hello2:...so I'm thinking I'll do a coil mod on on this one (maybe a WOT or SEF coil), guess it never hurts to have a back-up Excal though 8). Well thats about it, sorry for the long post.

HH All,
Gobyman

Attachments

• DSC01802.JPG
    DSC01802.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 513
  • DSC01809.JPG
    DSC01809.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 494
  • DSC01805.JPG
    DSC01805.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 498
  • DSC01811.JPG
    DSC01811.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 494
  • DSC01813.JPG
    DSC01813.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 496
  • New excal deal.jpg
    New excal deal.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 467
Upvote 0

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Could be a product badge..ELEM sounds jewish/hebrew to me.I'm not familiar with Hebrew script though.

Aurora64blue

Sep 25, 2009
South Eastern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tiger Shark, Fisher F70, Vibra Probe 580
Good job on you Gobyman for being able to find that couples ring.

I geuss the good Karma thing came back to you in the 10 k form. :icon_thumright:

Congrats!

Ralph

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on your finds and on your 2nd Excalibut. I just got my 1st and still in a learning curb with it.....Matt

excal/pirate

Jan 28, 2009
hey great job on returning the ring dont throw that excal out just yet on the coil there is a nut plastic loosten it up slide it up and put some clear silicone on it then retight it some times it comes loose also make sure you put some elec grease on your battery connection if that doest work then send it in

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job on finding the Ring and the return..a great memory....Like the new excal for 750 dollars, and the scoop..good deal.........hey I've got the same problem with my 8oo on the falsing, as soon as it hit the deep it starts up, it's ok on the high tide to low tide lane and getting wet a bit but once it goes under it crazy......replacing the coil this week..will let you know if that was my problem....joe

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great afternoon out. That new machine will be awesome to add to the arsenal.

We found 2 more of those ELEM coins also. "Youth in Distress" A non profit for runaway, homeless and neglected Isreal and Arab youths.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread