WOW! What a wild day for finds!

Nov 20, 2009
Boy what a morning. I found so much cool stuff....... an 80 gb ipod, a phone, a tungsten-14k ring, a silver ring and a bunch of new coins (50 quarters!) I guess people were a little drunk on the beach on the 4th of July.
The ipod I found has 1004 songs and 17 full length music videos?? It has a big screen on it for watching movies, the thing is even engraved! The phone is the 5th one I have found this week, but only the second that works.
So.... what am I going to do with these electronics? I have 4 ipods now. I'm not sure how many phones.
What do the rest of you all do with these things? If we don't find the owner can we sell them?
I am sure some of you have some great ideas? I am often amazed at the sheer genius I witness on this site, I think for the most part, treasure hunters are an intelligent lot!

Thanks, Julie in O. C. California

Upvote 0

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
Obviously the phones are easy to return to their owner. The other stuff I would sell or give to my kids or grandkids...

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you end up wanting to sell the IPods on Ebay you can get around $30.00 each for em..maybe more depending on storage space.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
If they still work, I donate them to the local church..they have yard sales...make sure you get pictures of them, and a reciept from the church, a great tax deduction if your in the right tax bracket. Just make sure you clear the music, pic's, video's off the data storage devices..........NIce haul on all the loot.........joe

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi Julie .. I picked up a newish Ipod on the 4th too. These things have come a long way in the last few years. Chances are slim in finding the owner but Craigslist is probably the way to go. If they can ID specific music then let them have it.

I'm picking up a charging cord off of Amazon.com for $4 just in case. There were 20 Dylan songs on there that I could use <smile>.

HH Joe

Craig

Sep 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Excalibur II
Hello,

That is a nice bunch of finds.

I want to mention that ipods have a serial number, and if you turn it into an Apple Dealer, or contact www.apple.com online, they can find the owner.

Apple online offers free laser engraving at time of purchase.

There is a record of that purchase.

This could be an opportunity to return the ipod; do a good deed; and maybe get a reward.

The video ipods go for well over $200-$350 dollars.

Craig

OP
OP
J
Nov 20, 2009
Good idea Craig, I am not up on Ipods or Apple products. I am going to call the local Apple store right now. One Ipod was a gift, I can tell from the engraving, and it must be very important to the owner. Doesn't the rest of the world know about Craig s list?
I post my finds and never.... hardly ever get to return anything.
Thanks again for the idea.
That's what I love about this web site, I can learn so much from everyone else

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check craigslist for your town and look under LOST and FOUND,I've returned many phones this way. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread