Still not finding much

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
The weather has not been real nice for going swimming here lately and although I have still gone hunting I am not finding much. I went out this morning and it did sprinkle for a while but very lightly and I was already wet so no big deal for me. It is just that no one seems to be going swimming at the moment except a few kids. Anyway I found the mate to another earring that I found the other day. I found a memory card and when it gets dried out I will see what is on it. I found a lure or at least I think that is what it's called when it's a fake worm with a hook. I did find a ring but it was just another cheap toe ring and of course I'm still finding bb's

This is what I found on July 3rd Note the blue earring.

070310.jpg

This is my finds for this morning. Note the blue earring.

070610.jpg

Both earrings together

Earrings070610.jpg

Last but not least.... the toe ring.

Ring070610.jpg

I hope the weather clears soon and people come back to the beaches to swim. LOL

Upvote 0

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
Hi Wanda.....Are you hunting a small local beach near you? It looks as though someone threw those BB's out there purposely to mess with you and anyone else hunting in the water.....My suggestion to you is if you can identify the sound (tone) that those BB's make you might be able to ignore them....if you scoop one that keeps falling through your scoop (in light of the BB's being there)....maybe you should move on to the next signal.....Why waste your time and energy getting frustrated with that crap....Use the time that you can hunt more wisely and cherrypick out those BB signals and go for the items that won't slip through the holes....I know I know....."but what if it is a small piece of gold"? oh well....sometimes you just have to pick your battles and on that beach it just might mean passing by the tiny stuff....JMHO....Brian

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Brian Mumzie, some folks are down right nasty.. just like the ones here that had cut pennies in half and tossed em all over the shore points.. so if you can tone em out.. do it.. dont feel bad, our beaches are loaded, I been going out almost to my waist and still nothing but junk...

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Surfdigger said:
Hi Wanda.....Are you hunting a small local beach near you? It looks as though someone threw those BB's out there purposely to mess with you and anyone else hunting in the water.....My suggestion to you is if you can identify the sound (tone) that those BB's make you might be able to ignore them....if you scoop one that keeps falling through your scoop (in light of the BB's being there)....maybe you should move on to the next signal.....Why waste your time and energy getting frustrated with that crap....Use the time that you can hunt more wisely and cherrypick out those BB signals and go for the items that won't slip through the holes....I know I know....."but what if it is a small piece of gold"? oh well....sometimes you just have to pick your battles and on that beach it just might mean passing by the tiny stuff....JMHO....Brian
I could ignore them and I could tone them out but.... I figure that eventually I will get them all cleaned out and maybe who ever it is will run out of money to buy them with..... Yes it is a very small river beach near me. Right now I can't go very far so it is this beach or nothing. If the weather ever clears up here I will try to go a little farther. :wink:

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
mumszie said:
Surfdigger said:
I could ignore them and I could tone them out but.... I figure that eventually I will get them all cleaned out and maybe who ever it is will run out of money to buy them with..... Yes it is a very small river beach near me. Right now I can't go very far so it is this beach or nothing. If the weather ever clears up here I will try to go a little farther. :wink:
Like I said...."Why waste your time and energy getting frustrated with that crap....Use the time that you can hunt more wisely and cherrypick out those BB signals and go for the items that won't slip through the holes" I said that because I know how you say that you can only last a relatively short time especially in this hot weather.....like I eluded to....don't waste your precious energy chasing targets slipping through your scoop....if you hunt an hour and a half and you spend 45 minutes chasing BB's then what are you not getting to and or missing.....you tire out leave the area and then someone else (probably the guy seeding the little critters) who is ignoring the bb's comes along and digs that easy gold wedding band that you missed (or never got to)....sometimes hunting smart and not hard is a prudent way to detect....again, just my humble opinion (JMHO).....Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread