Upvote 0

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Mine is usually on the forearm just below the elbow. I can last for hours in the water with the shaft extended, but on the sand, I usually retract the shaft to be more balanced.

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Piercesdad said:
Just lookin at a couple pics of Florida Bills new Excal and noticed his cuff is near the lower wrist area. Later in the post I see another pic with somebody else's cuff near the top of the shaft. Now I know it's mostly personal preference, but why do you wear you cuff were you do? performance? better accuracy? fatigue? Water vs sand? I'm curious.

I have a feeling mine is to high and since it is new and I haven't adjusted it I wouldn't go by my photo, I wanted to try it in the water but I have a feeling I will be moving it down....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a comfort thing. I wear mine upper forearm but not high enough where in doesn't bother my arm if I bend it. The shaft I like long for wide sweeps while I move forward slowly.

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
gold-digger said:
Mine is usually on the forearm just below the elbow. I can last for hours in the water with the shaft extended, but on the sand, I usually retract the shaft to be more balanced.

Now how come when ever I say things like this, does my 13 year old start cracking up?

nuggetshooter

May 9, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i, Minelab GPX 4000, Gold Bug 2, Troy Shadow X2, Fisher M-Scope FX-3, Fisher 1220X PRO, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:laughing7: :laughing9: It is because your child is 13! :laughing9: :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread