Straight shaft for Excal is here

TexasRT

Aug 15, 2008
Dickinson, TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got it this morning and WOW what a difference. Haven't actually been in the field with it yet but the difference is VERY noticeable just playing at the house. Feels like I'm swinging my DFX again. I opted for the one from Rods by Plugger and couldn't be more happy. Well made, very well balanced, arm cuff is very comfortable, 7 adjustment holes for lower shaft, nice powder coat finish and adjustable hand grip. I know alot of taller folks have posted lately asking about these so I'll give the length info too maybe it will help.

I'm 5'9" so I got the shorter 39" shaft. I have mine set in the middle so there is 4 1/2" of adjustment either way in 1 1/2" increments. From the bottom edge of the arm cuff to the coil on mine is 42". There is 10" above the arm cuff for mounting controls. I know this is alot of info for a shaft, but I've noticed everyone always ask for dimensions when the topic comes up so I thought I'd try to make were they could do the math.

Thanks to all that suggested getting it, great tip... :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with it and yes its like night and day. I have always said that show be standard equipment on these detectors.

If it doesn't have a strap on the cuff put one that makes a big difference also. If there are no slots take a zip saw and make some

IMG_3204.jpg

OP
OP
T

TexasRT

Aug 15, 2008
Dickinson, TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bill - I agree 100%, they should come with the straight shaft or at least be an option. I forgot to mention the strap on the cuff, it's already there. Thanks the tip though. I was told they come with the S shaft for diving purposes so the weight is shifted to the coil end. I'm not a diver, but for that purpose it makes sense I guess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread