Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I am from Seattle and had never heard of "Indianola" before..... But those "Buzz Bombs" sure do ring a bell! LOL..
I also never remember seeing people swim around piers before either.. Usually, the piers I am used to, had signs saying "no diving or swimming"...
Makes me wonder about detecting the water when I get back towards home...

Really nice finds buddy..

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Your not a crazyman, you are a digging fool......Nice gold........can you treat us to some more video, surfdigger is out for awhile and Us land bound pirates are not doing well.........joe

OP
OP
crazyman

crazyman

Nov 6, 2005
Indianola, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab Advantage
Thanks guys! Silver Surfer, the docks that are in the shallow bays out of the strong tide currents are used for swimming by the teenagers in our short summer months. Unfortunately they usually don't wear the big gold with diamonds. I think most of the pocket change comes from the fisherman. Most docks around here are deep water docks so even at super low tides you can't get to the fishing and or swimming platforms on the end. Joe, I had every intention of videoing the hunt yesterday but got tide up experimenting with different settings on the GT to hit even deeper smaller targets. That in itself was a learning lesson as lower sensitivity gave me much better results on this nasty beach. Here are all the finds so far this year and from the last several hunts at the dock with most of the finds coming from a 100x100 ft area at the end of the dock.

Attachments

• IndianolaBeachFindsC.jpg
    IndianolaBeachFindsC.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 535
  • IndianolaBeachFindsE.jpg
    IndianolaBeachFindsE.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 525

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats one kick butt hunt in my book.. holey moley you did fantastic. :thumbsup:

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The areas around where I grew up are really rocky... You use a scoop, shovel, or just fan the water?
I dive too, so when I get back home I plan on hitting some heavily used docks with my gear on and detector in hand! I can only imagine how much change (and sinkers) will be around the old fishing pier I used to fish from... LOTS of people have and do use it, as well as ferry goers and tourists... Space between boards means a lot of clad plunks... LOL..

OP
OP
crazyman

crazyman

Nov 6, 2005
Indianola, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab Advantage
Silver Surfer, yes scoops are a little hard to use around here in most areas and the closer to shore the more rocks you have to dig through so I use a short shovel most of the time. This particular beach is pretty sandy once you get away from the shore line but still has sporadic large rocks under a foot or so below the sand. I don't dive anymore because of inner ear problems but that is the way to go around here at slack tides.

stevefisher7767

Jun 6, 2009
Hampstead N.C.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5,Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Minelab Excalibur II 800, Excal 1000 blue, Excal II 1000, Sovereign Elite.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You have a nice digging spot there,i would show the finds,but i would not be sharing pics of that ''Goldmine Pier/Dock'' :thumbsup:

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
As a former avid fisherman, we used to make a donation to the "sea gods" before each trip. That might explain all of the clad. Nice hunts. Great spot.

-FH

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
crazyman said:
Silver Surfer, yes scoops are a little hard to use around here in most areas and the closer to shore the more rocks you have to dig through so I use a short shovel most of the time. This particular beach is pretty sandy once you get away from the shore line but still has sporadic large rocks under a foot or so below the sand. I don't dive anymore because of inner ear problems but that is the way to go around here at slack tides.

crazy check out this product it may get you back in the water if you're still interested in diving.

http://seavenger.com/proear-single-....html?osCsid=bbf7082520bd4d861ec849779625aac7

steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread