Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since many dont go to the classifieds unless they want to sell or buy something, I figured I'd post here... I am looking desperately for a used Excal... Older style is fine... Just cant afford a crazy price, but do realize that they are going for a premium now.
I am seriously considering selling/trading my really nicely accessorized MXT300 just to get back into the water..
If anyone can steer me towards one, it would be greatly appreciated..

SS

Upvote 0

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Help looking for an Excal

There is one in the T-net classifieds now. :tongue3:

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a buddy

in texas who has blue sword model............."The Best"

i sent him your post

Gulf Hunter

Jan 12, 2007
Galveston Co., Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 800s

Silver Surfer said:
Since many dont go to the classifieds unless they want to sell or buy something, I figured I'd post here... I am looking desperately for a used Excal... Older style is fine... Just cant afford a crazy price, but do realize that they are going for a premium now.
I am seriously considering selling/trading my really nicely accessorized MXT300 just to get back into the water..

SS
He go mate, just what the doctor ordered, WITH straight shaft AND REDUCED!
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?44,1233664

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gulf Hunter said:
Silver Surfer said:

SS
He go mate, just what the doctor ordered, WITH straight shaft AND REDUCED!
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?44,1233664
Nice looking machine, but man, with my luck, something would go wrong and Minelab wouldnt have the part to fix it....

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gravediggermax-vabeachva said:

i sent him your post
What is the "Blue Sword" Model, the old style??
I will check out the classifieds again..

Gulf Hunter

Jan 12, 2007
Galveston Co., Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 800s

Silver Surfer said:
gravediggermax-vabeachva said:

i sent him your post
What is the "Blue Sword" Model, the old style??
I will check out the classifieds again..

Excaliber NY, manufactured 1994-1997 and mine is 1997 circuitboard. I have 2)800s about 2007 models and just cannot run them all, savvy?

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hey there is an excal for sale on the classifieds... oh nevermind you are already there

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for all the help.... After much thought, I decided to go with a Whites Surf PI Dual. I figured it would be better to have a different kind of water machine than just two of the same kind... And honestly, with whats going on with Minelab, I would hate to have one go bad while the other was still in the shop... Whites customer service is top notch, and turnaround is amazingly fast from what I have been reading..
Since I was new to the Excal and it's tones, I was digging everything anyway, so a PI wont be too much different... Better now than after a couple years of getting spoiled on the Excal..
Also, saved a bunch of money... Even old Excals are still getting stupidly high prices... The hype is still pretty high..
Brand new, and under $800 shipped to my door...

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you may want to change you name to Ironman

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hoping that most of this jabber about Iron is just that, jabber... As much as I hear bad about the PI's on this board, I can point to hundreds of posts elsewhere and reviews that rave about this machine...
If I start digging a bunch of iron, just like when I am at a park and my MXT cant tell one target from another (cause it is just too trashy, and I move), then I will move to another beach area..... Surely there will be clean beach stretches, they cant all have iron every square inch.
Besides, I should have my Excal back in a couple months, and when I move back home in the somewhere not to distant future, our freshwater and ground is teeming with minerals and black sand... Where the PI's are really supposed to shine.. I know spots on remote streams in gold country where there are patches of black sand 50-100 ft long... The PI would find deep small nuggets there. I figure I will have two machines with two uses...
Hope that makes sense...
And besides, Whites gives a two year, transferable warranty and has great service should something go wrong... Can you say the same about your beloved (and mine) Excal??? Uh, no....
Anyway, dont mean to rant..... But why buy two cadillacs when you can have a cadillac and a porsche?

TexasRT

Aug 15, 2008
Dickinson, TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Silver - it's kinda funny you reference clean beaches. I found a small pocket beach the other day and not only did it not have any iron on it, it didn't have any pull tabs, coins, or jewelry, nothing. I found one bottle cap. That's the first beach I've ever hit like that, it was kinda weird and yes there were actually people there.

Anyway your comment about finding a clean stretch of beach just reminded me of it, good luck with your new weapon.

D

digum smacks

i actually dig just a tad more iron with the dually than the excal,heres the better part i can tell a bottle cap on the dually better than i can on the excal,90% of the beaches in florida are sanded in right now and i would rather use the dually in sanded in areas because i goes way deeper than the excal,and gold rings do make a low tone on my dually,also hold the coil over a target if it echos its a bottle cap dont dig,a gold ring will not echo,also hair pins make a quick double beep dont dig

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread