Is the Excal all everyone says it is?

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
FLauthor said:
I started water detecting before there were water detectors available. I float mounted a Garrett ADS and bought a 3 inch coil with a 9 foot co-ax cable mounted on a long shaft. I hunted like that for a few years until I acquired my White's Amphibian which didn't look anything like the ones used today. It was only waterproof to 6 feet. I graduated finally to a Fisher 1280X and fooled with the False signals that saltwater gave for a few years. Then in 1990, a dealer showed me the NEW Excalibur and like Sandman said place a nail and gold ring together and pass it under your current detector and both will be discriminated. Excalibur ignores iron but hits solid on the gold. I've owned it since 1990 and has been rebuilt a few times that only the shaft is the original part,:laughing7:. The Fisher 1280X belongs to someone else.
I do own a back up called a Garrett AT3 and I wish Garrett still made them. It is a rugged little machine and even though its over 20 years old still pops the coins out of the sand. :thumbsup:
[/quote

Me 2 only I used a D-Tex Pro till I got the Whites (What a POS that was with the hood & lantern battery) Then the Fisher 1280X THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!!!!

nudels

Jun 21, 2008
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Vantage AD-14, Tesoro Sand Shark
UNCLENICK said:
I'm most likley going to get the Sandshark...I can deal with digging all targets in water/beach...not on land though. It would be wise, I think to dig all, on the beach, water anyway...would'nt most of you agree??? If your digging/scooping everything, what could you miss??? Thank you for the advice...its nice for everyone to give their opinion, and still get along...Thats rare in this world today... Thank you all, HH

Nick

I own a sandshark and am happy with it, wish I had more time to use it actually, only get to use it about 5-6 times a year :(. You can't beat the price and warranty. The only other one i'd consider is the Whites Dual field PI.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions