New to beach/shore hunting--Titanic Water Scoop?

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• Titanic.jpg
    Titanic.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 2,383
Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jim, if ya dont mind, can you pm me where ya found this, I'd like to see more of the specks on this baby.. its rather interesting looking.

thanks in advance,
Rae

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9μS)
if scoop of titanium is its price for nothing ....,worth to buy.
and if the whole stainless steel structure is too heavy.

see my scoop www.stavrscoop.com

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks a bit on the small size too me

OP
OP
TabWhisperer

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are the specs.

The Titanic Unsinkable Water Scoop Ergonomically designed handle Foam filled to float next to you * virtually indestructible * 2 Hand positions for ease of use * May be used either left or right handed * Choice of colors * Black * Blue * Orange Super strong aluminum spine Up to 48 inches long * 3/16 inch thick wall * 1 1/8 inch O.D. * 7/8 inch I.D. If a shorter spine would be prefered we will custom cut The Scoop 16 ga. Stainless Steel * 50 + 3/8 inch quick drain holes * 7 ¾ inch wide 8 inch deep and 4 inches high * Built in handle to grip while classifying trash from treasure * secondary viewing tray to spread out contents of the scoop, contains nearly a thousand 1/8 inch drain holes. * No more 22 shells or small targets dropping back to the lake bottom * Side guides to prevent good targets from washing out early * Flattened base allows skimming floaters and also digging deep This scoop has been designed by trial and error over the last several years incorporating new innovative ideas by dedicated water detectorists who won’t settle for less.

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9μS)
what weight scoop titanik?

OP
OP
TabWhisperer

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it is 7.5 pounds shipping weight. The actual scoop is 6.5 pounds.

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
OldeBeechnut. thanks for the compliment.
I do not see my opponents stavrscoop, not on technical data, not on price.
This has already seen American colleagues who have bought my scoop.
I am interested in the technical solution.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder why they call it "Titantic", a lot of scoops are bigger then that including my Beach Brute II....BB II is 8.5 inches wide, 12 inches deep , and 6 inches high, the Titantic would fit inside the Beach Brute, and the Titantic weighs over 2 pounds more.......LOL ;D ( My BB II does weighs little more then the stock BB II, I added a stainless steel lip to it................. ;D

beachbrute-1-1.jpg

OP
OP
TabWhisperer

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's "unsinkable". It floats. Unlike the real Titanic.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jimbog said:
It's "unsinkable". It floats. Unlike the real Titanic.

I don't think it floats, I think what they mean is the handle floats, I hollowed out a noodle and put it on mine, handle floats and it gives me a soft place to rest it on my shoulder when I am carrying it.....

Tony in FL

Nov 7, 2009
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excal/pirate said:
bought one of these holes are not big enough kick plate is not wide enough tends to go in sideways so i drilled the holes my biggest complaint is when you go to grab it when full you have hardely no space bewteen the scoop and the brace

It works for me and I am pretty sure a lot of other hunters like it. I originally looked at getting the Diamond Head scoop because it seemed like a popular choice (that and the Sunspot Stealth). Although I would welcome bumping the holes from 1/2 inch to 5/8 inch.

HawaiiMDer

Jul 31, 2009
Kapolei, Hawaii
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field and Minelab Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've owned the Sunspot Stealth 08 and currently own Stavr's 5GRANIK2! Stavr's scoop is the best in my opinion.

Ken!!!!!

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,310
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,344

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
HawaiiMDer.If you listen to me and took the model "krepicsh" instead of "5granik-2", then you would be happy with .... :)

but I think eventually you come to this ...
wrap duct tape seat handles and scoop, what would never hit the sand, and not injure his hand ....
Photos are on my site ...

wetwilly6910

Oct 4, 2007
Wisconsin rapids, wi
Detector(s) used
White MXT, troy x5
I bought the Titanic when they first came out, cant say enough good about it! I personally wouldnt use any other scoop. No more backaches from other water scoops.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used a lot of different scoops with bent handles to looped ones like the Old Miller scoop. If I had a Miller looped handle on the Sunspot Stealth I'd have the best for where I hunt. Different locations call for different scoop types but we must adapt to which ever we are using at the time.

Attachments

• Two Sunspots copy.jpg
    Two Sunspots copy.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 952
Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
Jimbog said:
I live near Denver. I intend to detect on some local beaches and shorelines. I'm looking for a suitable scoop and came across the Titanic Water Scoop. Looks nice but it goes for $189????? Any other suggestions?

:icon_scratch: Jimbog, I was just a bit bamboozled as to where you would have a local beach/shoreline around Denver, CO???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread