7/21 Sunset Hunt

Tony in FL

Nov 7, 2009
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The earring and double heart thingy appear to be junk. But I managed to snag a woman's ring - 14K white gold with 7 small stones. Excalibur sang out with the classic gold tone on that one. Some children were following me around at the beach at the time I noted a possible gold target. As I scooped more spectators showed up. It figures I would have an audience when I pull out a nice ring.

::)

Anyway, I tried to make light of the find and get it into my pouch as quickly as I could without revealing how pumped I was about the ring.

HH everyone!

Attachments

• 07_21_10 finds01.JPG
    07_21_10 finds01.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 408
  • 07_21_10 finds02.JPG
    07_21_10 finds02.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 421
Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tony that is one kick butt awesome ring..super big congrats to ya.. :thumbsup:

Aurora64blue

Sep 25, 2009
South Eastern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tiger Shark, Fisher F70, Vibra Probe 580
Nice find.

If a crowd gathered around me just as I pulled out a ring like that, It might have been a good idea to tell a bit of a fib and say that you were commissioned by the person to actually find the ring. Then at least the people gathered wouldn't think that it were such a common event, and that normally finds like that would be unheard of.

Congrats!

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice find Tony. I usually drop rings like that real quick in my pouch before a large crowd gathers. Might be one stinker to raise cane that its his wife ring. Its a crazy economy. :thumbsup:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If i have lurkers and they don't actually see the ring!! I just say it was a pull tab after dropping in my bag then if there are questions ill reach in and pull out a tab and show them there is always one in there!!! their is a reason i keep a pulltab in a very accessible place in my pouch~~~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread