Interesting morning and a FIRST

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Boy, I loved my morning today! I had a dolphin encounter which was a little scarey at first. I heard a kind of light splash and turned to see what it was. I didn't see anything at first but then I noticed a dark shadow moving towards me. A manatee? Nope - to small and narrow and moving to fast. It was a dolphin. I was in a position that I really couldn't move out of the way fast enough but did move over a bit. I didn't need to bother. He wasn't interested in me and swam right by me going up stream. So that alone was exciting to me but my morning was not finished.

I was working from the shore to neck deep and back again. I really wasn't getting very many hits but as I got close to shore I got one. It was ankle deep and a nice sound. It was a ring. But.... not only a ring but my FIRST SPINNER RING! Ok, it isn't a "good" one but at least it's a ring and one of the things I can cross off my "want to find" list. I belong to the spinner club now! ::)

The rest of my hits were not impressive at all. I got 1 quarter and 1 penny. I got a cheap bead bracelet with a metal piece on it. That is what set my machine off. I found 2 pairs of cheap sunglasses and my usual junk.

All in all it was a great morning!

072610.jpg

Bracelet072610.jpg

Ring072610.jpg

OH I ALMOST FORGOT! I got this hit and it took me several scoops to get the item in my scoop. OH BOY! It looked like a wallet and it was heavy! Maybe full of coins etc etc. I put it in my pouch because there were a couple of men in the water and I don't like to advertise what I've found. I got in the car and pulled it out. Well, the laugh was on me.... it turned out to be a small pouch with a fold up frisbee in it! The bag was heavy because it was also full of sand! ::)

Thing072610.jpg

No matter, it was still a great morning! I hope yours went as well. :wink:

Upvote 0

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds fun!

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats . Out of all the rings I have recovered I have never got a spinner yet. Keep it comin.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

TexasRT

Aug 15, 2008
Dickinson, TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Swimming with dolphins, what a cool way to start the day. The water in Galveston is usually so muddy looking you couldn't see a submarine if it was coming at you, lol. Cool ring, one of the few rings I have found was a spinner, stainless steel.

HH

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
NEAT find! I have to agree with TexasRt, Nice to see whats going on around you specially when something just bumped ya................Good Luck on the next hunt........joe

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
you always have interesting stuff going on Mumszie! congrats on your first spinner!

Aurora64blue

Sep 25, 2009
South Eastern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tiger Shark, Fisher F70, Vibra Probe 580
Glad you had a good morning hunt Mummzie.

I would assume that the 'Spinner Ring' is made of silver. I haven't heard that term as of yet. Neat find though.

Congrats,

Ralph

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Aurora64blue said:
Glad you had a good morning hunt Mummzie.

I would assume that the 'Spinner Ring' is made of silver. I haven't heard that term as of yet. Neat find though.

Congrats,

Ralph

No such luck. It is stainless steel I think but definitely junk but I don't care. I love it! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread