Funny kids

abeach01

May 9, 2010
USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXCALIBUR X10
As we all know kids are attracted to us like a magnet when we detect. They like to dig for us, swim right in front of us, bug us, dig into our pouch etc...
I had one last weekend that would not stop walking in front of me and digging for me, so when I went to the shallows he found that it was fun hanging onto my scoop as I drug him across the beach. At least I was able to swing without hitting him so I was good to go I drug him along for 3 rows of 200 feet long rows.
On the the same beach I had a kid get stuck in my wot coil with both legs and was freaking out so he decieded to grab me right in the crotch quite hard, Thank god I had a wetsuit on and was somewhat protected. Kids are funny....

Upvote 0
Jun 28, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 10", Excalibur Sword 8", Sovereign XS2a Pro, Equinox 800, Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think I'd be more concerned about the WOT coil getting broken. You have more patience than I do!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with John. You have alot more patience that me also. I would have told them to get back. What you have done if he had broken your wires loose from your coil.......Matt

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have freaked out if he got caught in my coil. I am always afraid one of them will get cut on the scoop.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love kids and all, I even wish my son would go with me sometimes out on the hunts....but when I have kids that bother me I just head out to deep water :laughing9:

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell them to get the heck out of my way. I'm not their mommy,their daddy, or their baby sitter. I have a limited amount of time to hunt and I don't want some kid breaking my equipment or getting in my way.

What makes people think their kids can do whatever they want?

Yeah, I'm a mean old man. But I already raised my kids and they never got in the way of strangers doing what strangers do on the beach. Hell, next time I'll just tell them to have a coke on me and point them to the nearest cooler. That ought to be a gas. :headbang:

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
I usually tell the "you're gonna have to back up" usually have to tell them 2 or 3 times....once they follow me out of earshot of Momma i tell them through gritted teeth "GO AWAY!!!"

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wack them in the shins a few time's while saying sorry over and over they move!!!! LOL

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I let them get away with it for a short time untill it gets annoying. Then they see the look in my eye when I say "It's time for you to leave!"

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have on a few occasion's had a great kid who asked Very Intelligent questions And were very interested in Metal detecting!!!! And it was a pleasure to answer their question's usually when you spend that much time talking to a kid the parents come over to see why their child is talking to a stranger!!! I always let the parent's Know of there child's interest in detecting!!! HH chug!!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Most of the time I can handle a small group, I let them dig a few coins, this will slow them down And most will not follow you out of there parents sight..........but when I get the midtone of gold with the excal, I gotta take those.......the last couple years I just say, I can't hear you, and I can't because of the Peltors Headphones

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread