I found a ring! Sort of...

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
It was an interesting morning this morning. No, I didn’t find any gold or silver. Nor did I find any rings … well… yes I did… sort of. The morning started out beautiful as usual. No one around for the first hour. That is just the way I like it. I got quite a few hits but it was all coins, nails and the usual junk.

0805101.jpg

0805102.jpg

Then I got this hit and almost missed it in my scoop it was so tiny. It is smaller than a penny. It was a coin and at first I figured it was a toy money coin but the more I looked at it the more I thought no… I think it is a real coin. When I got home I looked it up on the internet and sure enough it is a real coin. It is a Turkish 1 kurus coin and I found one on Ebay that is selling for $1.69.

I also found a .32 S & W bullet casing. I am guessing - since I know nothing of bullets - that the S & W stands for Smith & Wesson?

Bullet080510.jpg

And the rings I found???? Well one is just a junk hoop earring and the other is a “thing” I have no idea what it is or was but it is big. I had you going for a minute didn’t I? ;D

Thing0805101.jpg

For comparison I put it next to a frisbee.

Thing0805102.jpg

I hope your day was as good as mine or better. I look forward to seeing your finds. :wink:

Upvote 0

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mumsie!

Yes, the S&W stands for Smith & Wesson, you got that right.

Heaven only knows what the hoop goes to. We could spend all day trying to guess that one. ;D

Just bought a Sovereign GT from Kellyco and am picking it on Friday. Maybe now that I have real beach machine (except that I can't take it into the water without waterproofing it, which I don' think I'll do) I can start making some real finds.

Don'tworry though. I'll stay on the east coast and away from your territory. Don't want to start a turf war. :D

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Smudge said:
Don'tworry though. I'll stay on the east coast and away from your territory. Don't want to start a turf war. :D

Hey it's a FREE country the last I heard. You are welcome over here any time! I have relatives in Mims so occassionally when I visit over there I hit Daytona. So far I haven't found anything over there but I do give it a try. :wink:

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't tempt me. :D

Daytona has been a lousy producer, but I'm hoping that my Sovereign goes deeper than my X-Terra did (which I am told it does very nicely) and that extra depth might produce better results.

Daytona gets hit pretty hard. I'm thinking I might try my luck somewhere else for a little while, just to see what happens.

Keep swingin' and God bless!

Bobbie

Nov 7, 2005
Connecticut and SW Florida
Detector(s) used
2 Minelab Excal 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A day at the beach is better than sitting home watching soap operas!

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Great time in the water for you. Currently not getting any time to water hunt. Helping the wife recover from knee replacement surgery.

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
white's classic lll SL minelab excalibur II Explorer-s
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:thumbsup:
smudge, you did NOT buy a beach machine. you bought a beach vaccum! you will find everything that everyone else misses. you will come back with a smile and full pockets! great choice!!

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
white's classic lll SL minelab excalibur II Explorer-s
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:o
sorry mumszie for buttin in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread