8-23 finds

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was NOT a beautiful day at the beach. It started raining 20 minutes after I hit the beach and continued raining for close to 4 hours. Fortunately, the worst of it was the first 30 minutes, which I waited out in a condo parking area. It was coming down in buckets! When it slowed down enough, I got right back at it.

The good thing about the rain was that it kept almost everyone away from the beach. I hit the dry sand areas that were now empty. I dug a bunch of trash, but came away with a keeper.

Finds straight from the pouch
001.JPG

37 coins= $3.10
002.JPG

1952 d wheatie
003.JPG
004.JPG

14k wedding band
005.JPG
006.JPG

Upvote 0

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
WTG on the keeper! I can't remember..... I know you used to hunt the dry sand but are you now hunting IN the water? No matter. You got some great finds and the keeper makes is a special day rain or not. WTG again. :wink:

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am in awe you found matching earrings, I never find the both, only the one, and several of them have been cute making me wish I could locate the matching one.

Congrats on the band too

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold-digger said:
Nice band. That rain was a real set back, especialy when the wind kicked in.
Thanks, the wind was whipping pretty good.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mumszie said:
WTG on the keeper! I can't remember..... I know you used to hunt the dry sand but are you now hunting IN the water? No matter. You got some great finds and the keeper makes is a special day rain or not. WTG again. :wink:
Thanks Mumszie.

Correct Mumszie, I used to hunt the dry sand. Got my Tiger Shark in 07. I had problems with it and Tesoro had it from May 09 - Jul 10. I've been hunting in the water when conditions permit. Conditions did not permit today :D

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
txkickergirl said:
i am in awe you found matching earrings, I never find the both, only the one, and several of them have been cute making me wish I could locate the matching one.

Congrats on the band too
Thanks Txkickergirl. This is the second time that I've found a matching set of earrings. The other set was rusty junkers that I found in the water 2 years ago. Todays set were about 50 yards apart. 1 was near the water line, the other was behind the towel line. I was pretty surprised that I found the pair.

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a pile of trash Willie!! But it looks like persistence paid off with that beauty of a band... You must be in Florida? It didnt rain buckets where I am, but the wind blew me off the water.. Not the roughness (I was on a FW lake), but I couldnt hear squat in my crappy Excal phones.. Doing the Peltor conversion as soon as they arrive..

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
was going to go metal detecting this weekend and dang if i didn't blow my back out friday night. :BangHead:

With all that rain we ended up getting, guess I shouldn't feel so bad.

But this weekend i'm going even if I gotta crawl.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Surfer said:
Thats a pile of trash Willie!! But it looks like persistence paid off with that beauty of a band... You must be in Florida? It didnt rain buckets where I am, but the wind blew me off the water.. Not the roughness (I was on a FW lake), but I couldnt hear squat in my crappy Excal phones.. Doing the Peltor conversion as soon as they arrive..
Thanks. Yes, I am in FL (west coast).

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smudge said:
was going to go metal detecting this weekend and dang if i didn't blow my back out friday night. :BangHead:

With all that rain we ended up getting, guess I shouldn't feel so bad.

But this weekend i'm going even if I gotta crawl.
Ouch! I can relate to the back problems. I was sidelined for 3 months after a back injury.

Rest that back.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
steelheadwill said:
Awesome Ring!!
That is what I'd call A 'Superheavyweight'
Thanks. Yep, it's got some weight to it. :icon_thumleft:

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work... finds have been kinda slo up here lately :thumbsup:...

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Indeed! Very nice ring, and I enjoy those earrings too. Not exactly my style, but I like finding new homes for 'em.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread