Outing good, hunting bad

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
This is two days hunting. Yesterday we had a small family cookout. We took our canoe and my kayak. Everyone had a great time and of course while I was there..... I hunted in the water. I only found one dime and three pennies and nothing else.

This morning I went to another beach and someone had beat me there AGAIN. I know it's first come first serve but sheesh..... couldn't they leave a little for me. Well, actually they did - leave a little and I mean very little. I got a few coins and a keychain with no keys. This is the 2nd big holiday when I was expecting to find some good stuff only to be beat to the punch. I don't know who is hunting where I do. I know several gng's do. I just wish I could figure out WHEN they are going. Ah well a little is better than nothing at all. Oh the thing that looks like a ring.... is just a plastic "O" ring. **sigh**

090710.jpg

keychain090710.jpg

I hope all the rest of you had some great finds. I look forward to seeing them.

Upvote 0

EpsilonMinus

May 14, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Man, I bet the 'who' is more like 100 different people, hah. Florida seems to be metal detecting central.

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is probably being hit hard at night by a few people...
The last beach I hunted looked like Gopher central.... Holes EVERYWHERE!
Going to go later this week, just trying to figure out where.... Probably wont matter where, I think everywhere is getting hit hard...

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I know all of you guys are right and it upsets me knowing I can't get there first but then..... The guys that were hunting long before we started probably weren't too happy about us when we started either. Remember it's a free country (for the most part) and it's first come - first serve! ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread