i can not seem to turn it into platinum - slept with it under pillow tooo :)

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
managed 4 hours.

found 2 rings, 1 i have been trying to make Platinum since 8PM............has no marks, excpet JL & tiny mark just below L.............heavy..............PRETTY SURE IT IS ONE OF THOSE DAMN TUNGSTEN CARBIDE tickets...............
but

i did find a kewl little broken off sharks tooth and wire holder and i want to do the same to the little tooth i found several weeks ago, so i anyone knows of someone, pleased let me know.

Nasty here today...........chilly............rain...........SURFCHURCH will not be fun.

craigs list has lost platinum band by the bridge ..........5 mins. from home, i will probably go and check it out............lost in the river.

AND lost my raybans..............shallow surf - 19th street......big waves washed them off as i was digging out a bottle cap...............keep your eyes out u local wet sand guys...thanks

good luck

Attachments

• 9111.jpg
    9111.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 505
  • 9112.jpg
    9112.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 531
  • 9113.jpg
    9113.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 505
  • 9114.jpg
    9114.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 503
  • 9115.jpg
    9115.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 514
  • 911LOOT.jpg
    911LOOT.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 504
  • 911TOOTH.jpg
    911TOOTH.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 506
  • 911RAYBANS.jpg
    911RAYBANS.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 498
  • 911NUT.jpg
    911NUT.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 499
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice nut....... I lost a pair of prescription glasses to a wave too and started to wear eye glass strap that goes around your head to keep you from losing then again. The glasses are expensive since I don't have eye coverage anymore.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always enjoy your posts and pics. Can only make it to the beach once a year.

apush :read2:

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getcha one of those neck straps and attach it to your shirt!!! Ray Bans aren't cheap !!!!

EpsilonMinus

May 14, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Sandman said:
Nice nut....... I lost a pair of prescription glasses to a wave too and started to wear eye glass strap that goes around your head to keep you from losing then again. The glasses are expensive since I don't have eye coverage anymore.
This is a little off topic, but you might appreciate this, Sandman. I use this myself, recommended by my dentist, heh, but includes vision too.

http://www.vitalsavings.com/vision.aspx

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
I lost a pair of prescription glasses to a wave too and started to wear eye glass strap that goes around your head to keep you from losing then again. Then I go one step farther and goop the ends to the glasses to prevent them from slipping off in a good dunking :icon_thumright:

VBDave

Aug 11, 2007
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Tesoro Vaquero
Dang, Max! If Ida known it was that pretty at the beach, Ida been down there. 20 minutes west it hasn't stopped pouring all day...

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Re: i can not seem to turn it into platinum - slept with it under pillow tooo :

Max
Looks like a tungsten ring to me titanium would be real light. Tungsten is hard does not scratch real easy. Far as the glasses go I know what you mean. The surf god givith and the surf god taketh away. Got to make a donation now and then.

Jason

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Yep, I lost a pair of perscript ion glasses in the surf. I was not more than waist deep..... "NEVER turn your back to the wave action!" ..... I didn't even realize I lost them. My hat came off, as well as my head phones. Of course I had water in my eyes, and just grabbed what I could see. It was 10 minutes later when things were still blurry, that I realized I didn't have my glasses on...LOL Never found them.... After that $ignificant loss I tried the strap thing, but the added bulk around my ears hurt with the head phones on. Now when I wear glasses I try to remember to take my spare "scratched" pair or just go the little bit blurry route and wear a pair of found sunglasses. Like you say, the surf giveth and the surf taketh away. But all in all, the surf is GOOD.... HH, Ralph

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey GDM, you got it. most likely a tungsten steel. I hate those suckers to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread