Earring

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
As most of you know I haven't been doing so well hunting in the water and my other hobby is scanning photos for people. I love to "save" the old ones especially. I've been working on some photos for a lady and she mentioned that she had heard I metal detect. She wanted to know if I could find her earring she had lost in her back yard. We went out to her back yard and instead of one small area to hunt.... she said it could be here, where she thought the back came off, or here where she was playing with the dog, or here where she was walking, or even out in the front where she was working in her garden. Not to mention that it was lost over a year ago and the grass has been cut many times since then. The earring could have been chopped up or flung heaven knows where! But I said I would try....

This is the mate to the one she lost. It is a 14k setting with a large blue topaz surrounded with tiny diamonds. Really pretty earring.

Earring091310.jpg

Well like I said, I told her I would try but not to get her hopes up. I told her it may take me several trys and then I still might not find it. I went this morning to take some of her pictures back and while I was there I had my first try at it. I used her other earring to check out my Garrett GTI 1500 and hear what it sounded like. It barely registered. Only when it was turned on it's side or upside down. DARN! This is not going to be easy. I only found a bunch of junk and one penny.

091310.jpg

Ah well.... maybe next time. :wink:

Upvote 0

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
well it is worth a try and maybe you find something else along the way. good luck

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keep trying you just might find it... and its very nice of you to do this as well. :thumbsup:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice shot at trying to find the little guy, I've been down the same road..never had much luck finding that stuff on land either........

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keep trying!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions