How Many Hours Per Week Do You Spend Mding Your Beaches?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Between Memorial Day and Labor Day when our county beaches are open I personally log about 2 hours a day on average to clean the swim areas and dry sand with the group of beach cleaners I manage. This is not a real hobby though now. More like a job that we are paid to do.

When I am able to hunt for fun I manage to get out once or twice a week for about 2 hours at a time anywhere I want to go and usually in the water. Once fall gets here I try to get out four times a week for some land hunting if the knees will let me.
I am retired and have no wife to tell me what to do and waste no time watching her shop in fabric stores.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman has the Bachelor Pad!!! I manage 15-20 hours, when the wife and I head to the condo, usually 3-4 hours every morn and afternoon/eve. We usually make it out there thurs. eve, and leave sun afternoon.

D

digum smacks

8-18hrs a week.once in a blue moon 5 hrs. during the week day

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
12 to 20 depending on tide times and the conditions of the beach! The conditions will sometimes make me pull double sessions!! :icon_pirat:

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 to 6 hours per day, 6 Days a week. :walk:

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm stuck in the 9-5, M-F rut, but I'm putting in about 5-6 hours a week at the beach.

It'll probably go up once things cool down here in Florida a little.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is important to just get out when you feel like it as this is supposed to be fun remember. I am cutting back on the clean ups for the county and going to do some of my own fun.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
4-5 hrs a day 4-6 days week

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Not near often enough for my taste. Depends largely on family commitments and "other duties as assigned". Although I am retired, I am still active in other things and people. Some summer weeks I may go 4 times 4-6 hours at a time. However, if you take the whole summer into account, probably once a week on average, 4-6 hours. Outside of summer, I may go 4-6 hours per week or less.

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Generally an hour every other day when I have to work and 4 -5 hours on my days off. In a whole I'd say 15 hours a week. What's funny is when I tell my coworkers about my finds they tell me I'm wasting time working and I should just metal detect full time.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
usually 3 hours per trip. twice during the week and two to four times each weekend
so........12 to 18 hours per week from june to september.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now I only get out one day one the weekend. So when I get out it is normally 3 hours on a beach and then I hunt a few hours in tot lots.....Matt

LiquidAsset

Sep 8, 2010
Somewhere Beautiful......
Detector(s) used
A plethora of gadgets...
A couple hours a few times a week. I go in the evenings when the coast is clear. Still looking for a couple honey holes that can produce more than bottle caps and beer cans.

One or two days I venture off to more remote destinations and spend the day.

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
white's classic lll SL minelab excalibur II Explorer-s
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:coffee2:
when i worked full time i made it to the east coast 5-10 hrs a week.
now that i am retired i do not have enough time. :help:
does that make any sense?

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Well, in the summer from mid-June to August about 20 hours a week, I have the summer off, so I have a lot of time. Now, about 6 hours a week, only on the weekend.

Cr4zyH0rs3

Mar 3, 2007
MA.
Detector(s) used
X-70 & Myself
seeker41 said:
usually 3 hours per trip. twice during the week and two to four times each weekend
so........12 to 18 hours per week from june to september.

Same here also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread