10-25 finds

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had planned on hunting my usual beach. However, on the way down there, traffic was detoured due to an accident. The detour sent me towards another beach. So instead of sitting in bumper to bumper traffic eating away at my hunting time, plan b.

I hunted from 9:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.

Not my most productive hunt. I managed a nickel, a ring and 5 pennies, I think. They are pretty toasted and they are soaking.

Finds straight from the pouch
002.JPG

120 pulltabs
004.JPG

Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep hitting that area, You are getting closer to the Gold, If you are pulling up that many old pull tabs!!!! HH Chug

When i hit an area that has the old style tabs I slow way down!!!! Love the gold and silver that pops up!!!

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Thanks for helping to clean that beach up. Obviously it's used pretty heavily, based on the pulltabs alone. I too think cleaning that area will yield more rings.

BTW, what kind is that ring? Close-up, maybe?

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, if you're not digging pulltabs, you not digging gold, so you're doing everything right.

This entire beach hunting season I found one steel ring. That's it.

Looks like you've done better than me. Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
I am not sure if you are bragging or complaining?? :icon_scratch: Looks like a white gold wedding band to me.... I am leaving soon to hunt the outgoing tide and I would take it today.....

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
I always thought....wouldn't it be really neat if suddenly our economy was based on pull tabs??? :notworthy: Lordy, all of us MDers would be RICH...........LOL :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

I miss hitting the Virginia beaches! Hope to try out the TX beaches someday soon.
Mel

borninok

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies everybody.

Tuberale, heres a close up of the ring. It's not marked, but looks like it was repaired where the corrosion is. I was thinking it was a junk ring but if so why have it repaired? :dontknow:
001.JPG

D

digum smacks

big willie style.keep hitting that spot more gold awaits there :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread