Hunted the troughs low tide. Nice Chain but Disappointment

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got to the beach just before low tide, nice troughs to work. Found this 24 inch chain. Just to the left of the detector you can see where I came out. Had only been on the beach 1/2 hr stayed in that water till it got too high. Found little of anything else. Some clad and a money clip. When I got back to the truck and put my glasses on. It says Italy .925 and but is gold. What a disappointment. It must be technibond from HSN

Attachments

• IMG_0175.JPG
    IMG_0175.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 488
Upvote 0

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Re: Hunted the troughs low tide. Nice Chain but Disappointedment

well, it's at least .925 so that's not all bad

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030

atleast ya found some "bling". i'd think this time of year along the jersey coast would be slim pickins since there really isn't alot of beach go'ers and there hasn't been a decent storm to move the sand around. i keep wanting to hit some beach but i think i'm gonna hold off on the 2.5 hr. drive until spring or atleast a good storm :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Buried Crap NJ

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

dogpound said:
atleast ya found some "bling". i'd think this time of year along the jersey coast would be slim pickins since there really isn't alot of beach go'ers and there hasn't been a decent storm to move the sand around. i keep wanting to hit some beach but i think i'm gonna hold off on the 2.5 hr. drive until spring or atleast a good storm :thumbsup:
During the summer we find the fresh drops. But if the gold isn't found in a day or so it goes down pretty fast. We do find rings and coins in the summer. But the winter beach is what we all wait for. The sand really moves out and a 200 coin day is the norm. That gold hits the hard pan and is within reach of the detectors. The ocean makes nice troughs which hold the heavy stuff. The key is timing. The old story goes like this you should have been here yesterday. That is so true in Detecting the winter here. One day there a hand full of coins, the next you can't dig them all. Your just trying to get them out of the way of the gold signals. A guy last year in Feb dug hundreds in just one little section. He came over to me and said have at it I am going home I dug 180 coins. Check out today's pictures. I dug the chain just to the left of the first picture the tide was coming in. Wher you see the water this is normally beach in the summer. The guy fishing is where the waves normally break!Come on over and hunt this winter.

Attachments

• IMG_0176.JPG
    IMG_0176.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_0177.JPG
    IMG_0177.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 429

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice 925....Like the Pic's also, Nice back ground with the New Excal

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunted my beaches all blasted summer and the only jewlery I got with any kind of a stamp on it said "Tungsten Carbide".

If you get any thing silver or gold, take it and run! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread