Bad Economy = less gold

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
I went to the beach 2 days in a row. Had a late start yesterday cause my Dual Field detector cuff broke and I had to make a SS replacement. Set me back 2 hours so I chose not to water hunt, just do the wet sand. Found $0.77 (not pictured) and a toasted cell phone (my second cell). However, when I got to the beach the water was flat as a pancake. I sure wanted to be in the water and I had my wet suite, but I left the house in a hurry and forgot my dive boots. Oh well, do the wet sand in my sneakers, which I of course got wet the first ten minutes. Winds were the same direction today, so I went prepared to water hunt. The water was almost flat again. In the water I found 1-quarter, 1-dime, 2-lead weights & 4 pennies, + a bunch of iron junk. I am thinking the sand has buried any gold in the water. Sand is being pulled from the top of the beach and being deposited in the water. Finally worked my way back to the shore at a different section of the beach than I hunted yesterday and worked the low tide line. Found 3 silver rings and the rest of the clad + 2 more lead weights. Beaches are still producing rings, just not any gold for me :( The one ring has ice and I thought for a minute that maybe it was a newer white gold ring that tarnishes, but alas it is marked 925. I wish the tourists could afford to buy decent jewelry. ::) ;D ::) I had fun and got some good exercise. Hope your hunt today were successful. HH, Ralph

Attachments

• Beach Treasures 004.JPG
    Beach Treasures 004.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 537
  • Beach Treasures 003.JPG
    Beach Treasures 003.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 543
  • Beach Treasures 002.JPG
    Beach Treasures 002.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 544
  • Beach Treasures 005.JPG
    Beach Treasures 005.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 538
Upvote 0

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was on Isle of Palms this weekend. Started out finding absolutely nothing at first then I remembered reading your post about hunting the seaweed that washes up on the beach. I immediatley started finding coins and found more than I've ever found at one time anywhere. Also a small silver cross. The next day I found more coins and then a silver ring right at the edge of the surf.No gold yet but I'll keep looking. Haven't had a chance to clean up the coins enough to date them yet. Wish I lived closer to the beach .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread