PI Sand Shark under water machine from Treasure Hunter, any experiences?

flipper123

Greenie
Jan 11, 2011
caribbean
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Hi there,
I'm new here and live in Mexico, Playa del Carmen. I want to buy a PI machine for surf and uw detecting. Don't need discrimination. My first detector should be mid class. Just found the Sand Shark from Treasure Hunter (NOT Tesoro). Its a cheap 247,- US uw Pulse Detector. http://www.treasurehunteronline.com/underwaterdetectors.html They told me per email, that it could detect 50c at 7", bigger coins to 10"+. Can I do something wrong with this cheap buy or should i invest 637,- in a Seahunter from Garrett?
Thanks foe comments :icon_pirat:

Upvote 0

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Please do not buy that. It looks great, and I bought one just like that 3 years ago, but it is Junk. I bought it on ebay, and it took me 4 months to get back my 200 dollars.
Get a trusted name PI. Maybe on ebay you can buy one used. Good luck.
I was lucky to get my money back. I would have given up and keep the piece of Junk, but my wife kept calling and mailing ebay, till they gave me the money black. She just wouldn't give up. Sometimes, that kind of tenacity is good, sometimes it is not, if you no what I mean.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beachboy, you have a great wife! :icon_thumright:

flipper, my advice is.....buy a used name brand machine!
most forums have a classified section and a search feature where you can do your own research. enter something like " best underwater detector" or " pi vs vlf " and then click search.

Tab Hunter

Sep 24, 2009
If this was a Tesoro Sand Shark PI machine.......I would jump all over it .......but this is a cheap knock off.......stay away from it and stay with the name brand's....Minelab...Tesoro....White's....Garrett...Detector Pro.....HH...Tab.

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
flipper 123

that thing will not find a volkswagon under a rug..............

heed what seeker and tab hunter have told u.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the price is to good to be true it probably is. This is a cheap piece of junk. As Max and others have said, stick to the name brands like Garett, Tesoro, Minelab or White's. The real Tesoro Sand Shark is great and carries the Lifetime Warranty.

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a Tesoro Sand Shark exclusively -- best money I have ever spent. But like others here have said, stay away from that chinese imposter.

OP
OP
F

flipper123

Greenie
Jan 11, 2011
caribbean
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Thanks for your advise.
I will do so and don't buy this cheap one. Quality has his price :)

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been tempted to buy one just to test. I won't though, because even if it works great, the housing is the same piece of crap that leaks on 90% of those sold. PI electronics aren't all that complicated. I have no doubt the Chinese could put out a good performing PI board. If it were in the MD3080 (Beach Magnet) housing I would try it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread