Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Chagy said:
BiggyC.

What is the second pic, The first one is you brother, but what is the other one?????

Chagy........
I think it is a lifeguard stand and a dead tree. Not a good pic. The MD picked up a stainless steel metal bolt . It is hard to imagine what is buriied on that beach, and so quickly. There were telephone pole type logs, large wood beams from stairs, the whole Vero Bch Pier busted up, and board walks, trees, 2 x 8's, driftwood, along with black pine tar covered beams from the Spanish Galleons, all exposed and reburied after hurricane Frances and Jeanne, if it wasn't hauled away. Even a couple smashed dinghys (boats) are buried on those beaches. I seen them.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hey BigCypressHunter....this little tropical storm coming through....is it headed for your area? Would something like this stir up some goodies for MD'ing? They way I am watching it on the news, they are making it sound like a horrible storm!!

LOL....they just said...Edie said, "There was someone out there with their Metal Detector!!!" LOL...too funny. (FOX & Friends). They even said it was a good time to go out.....HIT THOSE BEACHES!! Safely please :)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I am ready! My room with a view!

Attachments

• life1.jpg
    life1.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 1,116
  • life2.jpg
    life2.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,103
  • life3.jpg
    life3.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 1,101
  • life4.jpg
    life4.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,116
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
ronandann said:
Hey BigCypressHunter....this little tropical storm coming through....is it headed for your area? Would something like this stir up some goodies for MD'ing? They way I am watching it on the news, they are making it sound like a horrible storm!!

LOL....they just said...Edie said, "There was someone out there with their Metal Detector!!!" LOL...too funny. (FOX & Friends). They even said it was a good time to go out.....HIT THOSE BEACHES!! Safely please :)
Wrong beaches. I am only really interested in the Treasure Coast. But who knows?

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Yeah, but if you don't try....you might hit your "lucky mason jar" of finds :) Either way...best of luck and hope you find your "treasure chest" :)

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
gypsyheart said:
Looks good. Make sure you tie it to something strong, so it doesn't blow away!

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
TS Alberta is hitting Cedar Key, Fl. There is a lot of history on this tiny island. Anyone nearby?

Brief History of Cedar Key
The history of Cedar Key is a long and varied one. Its development can be traced back to the Seminole Indian War and the first railroad to cross the State of Florida. Gulf coast shipping and trading, fishing, and the abundance of cedar for America’s major pencil companies also had a hand in its development.
At the southern most tips of the Santa Fe and Suwannee Rivers, its location served as a depot in early Florida history and around the 1850s steamboats filled the rivers. By the 1870s Florida was gaining the interest of travelers who were seeking new opportunities, adventure and better health. Most of these settlers were the travel writers, promoters, and naturalists. Cedar Key was a required stop for many of those travelers and over the years began to receive positive reviews.

The fishing industry for the area reached commercial proportions for the area by 1878, and although seasonal became the main source of income for many residents, particularly of the poorer class. At the turn of the century all the major industries relocated from the island posing a new challenge to the community.

Gradually tourists began to discover the special qualities of the town and the establishment of a rather important artist colony and resort atmosphere brought the community back to life and where it is today.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
seashells said:
Here's an idea to get to the beach after storm w/out bridge access.
Just south of the nuke plant, mainland side, slip small rowboat into intercoastal, row across to island side, cross A1A, you're now on the beach?
Seems like it would work to me.
As long as you dont look like a terrorist. :DThats why I started ths post; to get ideas. Is there a safe place to park? It would be nice to have a vehicle on AIA to go up and down to search the different wrecksites. But that would get you to the lower sites. I will check a map and keep that in mind. Thanks for tip.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
seashells said:
Just south of the nuke plant, mainland side, slip small rowboat into intercoastal, row across to island side, cross A1A, you're now on the beach?
I thought I might use a Schwimmwagen, if I can fnd one. :-\ ;)
:D

Attachments

• schwimmwagen_p1.jpg
    schwimmwagen_p1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,082
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
CaptainZossima said:
We've all heard the 'stories' about Emeralds from the Spanish fleets. And how a percentage of the treasure is taken by the State of Florida for 'the pubic'. Since the state has in fact taken treasure for you and I to view, where the H^%$ is it?????
Anybody actually seen 'our share' in a state museum?

Cappy Z.
Yes. It is in the Sebastian Museum.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
CaptainZossima said:
I've been to Sebastian several times. And behind Chucks Steak house three times.
I've been there in the summer and fall and winter. Somehow I'm never there when its low tide. Or if I have been, the beaches are very short beaches. How deep is the water right next to shore? In St. Augustine you can walk out more than 50 yards on some days. I wonder if Sebastian and Chucks has a deep drop off?
Later
Cappy Z.
They are short beaches and getting shorter.

Exception is Vero Beach 17st. The sand naturally builds up. Fill was not needed and never will be on this public beach, I was told. Maybe that is why the Ais village was located there. :-\

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
fleamistress said:
gypsyheart said:

Cool Rig! You told me when I first got here that you had some kind of river plan, and I guess you do!

From mother to mother, are you planning on bringing your kid(s)? Me? I think I've been to a movie twice in ten years but then I'm probably doing it all wrong. I like to expose My Guy to whatever I can but I never thought a river raft trip!

I envy your lifestyle!

God bless whoever bought you the MD to help you realize your dreams!

Cyn
Kids go 99.5 % of everywhere I do. Like stick-tights they are! Life raft is for the boat. Have a 6-man army raft for river rapids. Expose your children to every adventure possible. Make them use their head, hands and hearts. Live each day and dont get caught up in the rat race others call "existing". Have taught my kids and hopefully showed them, that life is to be enjoyed and marveled at ,not feared.Life is too short to be walking around afraid of everything.And being a woman is a blessing ,not a curse. Let nothing hold you back.Dont envy anyones lifestyle...make your dreams come true yourself. Take the kid on a river raft ride,...he will thank you forever.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
fleamistress said:
gypsyheart said:
fleamistress said:
gypsyheart said:

Cool Rig! You told me when I first got here that you had some kind of river plan, and I guess you do!

From mother to mother, are you planning on bringing your kid(s)? Me? I think I've been to a movie twice in ten years but then I'm probably doing it all wrong. I like to expose My Guy to whatever I can but I never thought a river raft trip!

I envy your lifestyle!

Cyn
Kids go 99.5 % of everywhere I do. Like stick-tights they are! Life raft is for the boat. Have a 6-man army raft for river rapids. Expose your children to every adventure possible. Make them use their head, hands and hearts. Live each day and dont get caught up in the rat race others call "existing". Have taught my kids and hopefully showed them, that life is to be enjoyed and marveled at ,not feared.Life is too short to be walking around afraid of everything.And being a woman is a blessing ,not a curse. Let nothing hold you back.Dont envy anyones lifestyle...make your dreams come true yourself. Take the kid on a river raft ride,...he will thank you forever.

I hear you. I don't have your resources of varying types. And don't underestimate the value of moolah. Look, it's not my fault my neighborhood got bombed (yes--go watch the movies and documentaries I can't) and don't think I don't think of giving my son away (every goddam day) for better than I can give him anymore. I mean not that anybody was.

9-11 was not an action movie and beyond people's comprehension. Now I expect the a

SCREW IT. I'M ONLY going to find myself talking to myself or being hit up by trolls again.

And Gypsy, you know what I mean. Well no you don't. You'll make it your point to assure the board I'm a vulgar lunatic. Again.

Ah, but vulgarities are okay in the documentaries. So I'm vulgar. I use bad words.

But you are going rafting and we're not.

Cyn

The point was ....the best things are free. Just you spending the time with him is giving him a great advantage over the rest of the world. You have worked hard to give him alot. Thats what its all about. You take him MD-ing and to your country property. You are giving him gifts money cant ever buy. And I never underestimate the power of moohlah...which is why I have busted my butt all these years working. And Cyn.....even if I do think you are a lunatic....it doesnt matter (even tho I do think you are hillariously funny with your comments sometimes) . You are still a mom that has a son that loves and adores you....and thats what counts. I know you have had it rough... But other people have been to hell and back also ...we just dont let it consume us. I am not here to trade horror stories...Olive branch anyone?

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gypsyheart said:
fleamistress said:
gypsyheart said:
fleamistress said:
gypsyheart said:

I envy your lifestyle!

Cyn

I hear you. I don't have your resources of varying types. And don't underestimate the value of moolah. Look, it's not my fault my neighborhood got bombed (yes--go watch the movies and documentaries I can't) and don't think I don't think of giving my son away (every goddam day) for better than I can give him anymore. I mean not that anybody was.

9-11 was not an action movie and beyond people's comprehension. Now I expect the a

SCREW IT. I'M ONLY going to find myself talking to myself or being hit up by trolls again.

And Gypsy, you know what I mean. Well no you don't. You'll make it your point to assure the board I'm a vulgar lunatic. Again.

Ah, but vulgarities are okay in the documentaries. So I'm vulgar. I use bad words.

But you are going rafting and we're not.

Cyn

The point was ....the best things are free. Just you spending the time with him is giving him a great advantage over the rest of the world. You have worked hard to give him alot. Thats what its all about. You take him MD-ing and to your country property. You are giving him gifts money cant ever buy. And I never underestimate the power of moohlah...which is why I have busted my butt all these years working. And Cyn.....even if I do think you are a lunatic....it doesnt matter (even tho I do think you are hillariously funny with your comments sometimes) . You are still a mom that has a son that loves and adores you....and thats what counts. I know you have had it rough... But other people have been to hell and back also ...we just dont let it consume us. I am not here to trade horror stories...Olive branch anyone?
umm what does this have to do with the price of tea in china??
so we all cant get along BIG deal ,we ALL have issue's BIG DEAL ,heres the DEAL! lets stay on topic no need to stray guys(kids)stay focused to the task at hand and thats life ! it can be to short WE all know that!
(cue the theme from ROCKY)"GET UP YOU SON OF A B!TCH"(mickey to rocky after getting knocked done)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
CaptainZossima said:
Ya see what I mean?
We're right in the middle of uncovering the MOTHER LODE...and what do the MOthers's do?
Start chatting away like ALL women and giving us the MOTHER'S LOAD....lol...

Cappy Z.
You are correct and I apologize to everyone for straying off topic. Good luck on the beaches and everyone stay safe through the Hurricane Season.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
If it were up to me, Gypsy, you and Flea can talk on my post anytime. Sometimes life is more important than Treasure. Did I say that?? :-\ :D

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
bigcypresshunter said:
seashells said:
I thought I might use a Schwimmwagen, if I can fnd one. :-\ ;)
:D
Maybe I'll bring my Swamp Buggy. ;) :D We'll put the Bush Hog on the beach! ;D

Attachments

• fulltrack.JPG
    fulltrack.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,007

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread