SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I checked the tide chart and low tide was in an hour and it's an hour to the beach. We just had a big snow yesterday and are expecting one tomorrow. My girl loves to take pictures and I'm always wanting to go detect a beach so we decided to head out and give it a shot.

We get there and see this... Nothing but fresh sand :'(

101_4817.jpg

We figure screw it we drove all this way lets see what happens.

I head down to the surf and start my zig zag up towards the high tide line. 15 minutes in I get a hit. It's a penny 9" down. It's only a 2001, but it's a start.... I covered a 30' square around that hole and didn't get a single hit.

2 hours in I get a hit close to the high tide line. It' 10+" down... hmm.. I try to pinpoint it and notice it was long.... 6 FEET long. It was a stop sign pole.

Another hour goes by with not a single blip or beep.. Not a crackle or false signal. NOTHING.

Then I start thinking... Nothing... No pull tabs... No bottle caps or odd bits of trash... Nothing at all.

This is a BEAUTIFUL beach.

101_4818.jpg
101_4815.jpg
101_4821.jpg
101_4805.jpg

What a great day...

Upvote 0

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some days you just take your detector for a walk and enjoy the scenery.

SKD
SW OHIO

OP
OP
SeaninNH

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have an army spade that I use in the wet sand. The pitcher works well in dry sand. It has holes in it so I can shake out the sand. It works for now. I would like a scoop, but until work picks up I make this work.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great pics :icon_thumright: keep em coming!

wildman4910

Sep 1, 2010
Cocoa, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Wow your beach is sanded in!!

And here I thought my near by beaches were bad, but that one takes the cake!! :laughing7: :laughing7:

If you know how to weld you can always make your own scoop.

~~Happy Hunting~~

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
My first hunt this year on last sunday was very similar. Beautiful sanded in beach, found 2X10 cents, nothing else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread